Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History of OLB speed in Pittsburgh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Another guy who had a good 40 time was Stephen Conley, a third round bust. Bruce Davis, another third round bust, ran a 4.78. His vertical and bench were also close to Jones.

I don't think Jones is Bruce Davis, but figured I would throw the numbers out there.
    Did not even remember Conley. Had to look that up. 96 draft. Should have put Davis on the list. that for the info Phillyesq.

Thanks Chadman thats the insite and kiperish post I was looking for.

Side not here. While looking up Conley guys on here are right that Drafting has been real ruff.
    04 class only Ben left if Starks does not comeback.
    05 only Miller.
    06 NO ONE
    07 would have been 1 Woodley. But Gay and Spaeth are back
    08 NO ONE
    09 Hood and Johnson (if he even makes it out of camp)
    10 5 are here still
    11 6 of still here
    12 6 make the cut so far.

Wow seems bad. But maybe not that different in years past. Plus there are still some UDFA from the last few years.

Backup

User Info Menu

Timmons and Woodley from 2007.

Backup

User Info Menu

No one ever asked Cowher why he soured on Steven Conley who showed flashes as a rush DE early in 1996 and especially in 1997.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-25-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh yea Timmons also. Thanks Crash.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know, in retrospect, while most posters are enamoured with Jarvis Jones, we've totally dismissed Damontre Moore. Moore has a better vertical (35.5"), better 3 cone (4.37s) & better Broad Jump (10'2") along with pretty much the same Bench numbers (19 reps). And while their 40 times are comparable- the difference is that Moore has been struggling with leg issues while Jones has not.

Their college careers speak of great similarities.

Tomlin & Colbert attended Texas A&M's Pro Day...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know, in retrospect, while most posters are enamoured with Jarvis Jones, we've totally dismissed Damontre Moore. Moore has a better vertical (35.5"), better 3 cone (4.37s) & better Broad Jump (10'2") along with pretty much the same Bench numbers (19 reps). And while their 40 times are comparable- the difference is that Moore has been struggling with leg issues while Jones has not.

Their college careers speak of great similarities.

Tomlin & Colbert attended Texas A&M's Pro Day...

If Jones and Moore are both there the pick would be Moore over Jones I bet. But I think now that Worilds gets this season to succeed or fail. I also don't think the back up plan is a 1st rd OLB. But a OLB will be a pick at some point in the draft. Thanks for the insites Chadman. I am thinking CB,S or maybe TE,WR at 17.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    If Jones and Moore are both there the pick would be Moore over Jones I bet. But I think now that Worilds gets this season to succeed or fail. I also don't think the back up plan is a 1st rd OLB. But a OLB will be a pick at some point in the draft. Thanks for the insites Chadman. I am thinking CB,S or maybe TE,WR at 17.
    Funny how things work- over the last 24 hours, Chadman is starting to come around to OLB being the pick.

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    No one ever asked Cowher why he soured on Steven Conley who showed flashes as a rush DE early in 1996 and especially in 1997.
    I had remembered him as a total bust, but looking back, I didn't realize that he had 4 sacks in a reserve role in 1997.