Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Uhrlacher wouldn't back Foote up. Foote would be relegated to the bench if they made this move. Yeah, Bussie trucked Uhrlacher in the 4th quarter of the 2005 game... may have been the play that sparkeda Super Bowl run... but does anybody here remember Jamal Lewis going all Forrest Gump on our D while wearing Larry Foote like a hood ornament for all those years? Similar backs, except Jerome's getting a bust in Canton.

One play does not a career make, and Uhrlacher could for the right price do several things for this team... a. be a stout 2 down run stuffer who can shed tacklers behind a Casy Hampton less defensive interior. 2. be a leader in a locker room increasingly devoid of them 3. be a guy fired up by a real opportunity for a last shot at a ring.

I look at Flozell Adams' success in 2010 as the mold for this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bus has trucked a number of LB's.. but there is only one Bus and he is retired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Urlacher has never played in a 3-4. I'm sure he could, but to have never played in one in 13 seasons in the NFL, why would the Steelers even consider this? Not happening......................
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Urlacher has never played in a 3-4. I'm sure he could, but to have never played in one in 13 seasons in the NFL, why would the Steelers even consider this? Not happening......................
    Maybe we are going 4-3.
    @_Hellgrammite