Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Urlacher to meet with Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Starkey and Kovacevic are the ONLY TWO in tat city worth a damn.

The rest? Bird cage liner. It's a miracle that Bouchette has been lazy for 20 years and conned his way to a paycheck this long.

"The Dean" my ass.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    For the record, I don't want Brian Urlacher or Elvis Dumervil. Jake Long would be great, but he's too expensive so it's not realistic in my mind to pursue him. It would be great if we could just stop the nonesense of the the Steelers "looking at" or "talking to" every name FA out there.
    Similar to what I tried to convey in the other thread about FA's.

Backup

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind Dumervil. He's a bastard as a pass rusher. Big hitter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Agents also have ways of making writers write this stuff without a peep from the Steelers.

You would think that, if the Steelers leaked this stuff, a local writer might get wind of it first...
    Unless Kaboly gets the story, in which case you know it is false. He's the guy who was convinced Plax was signing 2 years ago and who reported last year that there was no chance that Starks would return. He's a hack and a coward, and twitter buddies with the site that shall not be named to top it all off...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not going to happen. Again, it wouldn't make sense to get Urlacher since we already have Foote and Timmons. As mentioned, Timmons playing outside linebacker was a disaster.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The only thing I could think of is to backup Foote. From what I understand we haven't offered Sylvester a tender and Spense is up in the air whether he will be able to return. He would have to accept a league min and agree to be a backup I guess.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Great. I can't wait to see BU in sweats on the sidelines. If they are truly considering this, they are colossal morons. F this nonsense.

I see your reference....
    duce1.jpg
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Why? Local Steelers writers are a joke. Most are a bunch of old has-beens from the Noll ERA.
    They are all hacks who only write things that the Steelers endorse. If they ever go too far from the known, desired tone, they risk having their perks jacked and being black balled all together. One call from the Steelers brass and a writer can be ended from covering and being paid for writing. Anyone remember the big Cowher fooling around with his assistant rumor? Remember how the team squelched any media source from talking about it?

Legend

User Info Menu

They are all hacks who only write things that the Steelers endorse. If they ever go too far from the known, desired tone, they risk having their perks jacked and being black balled all together. One call from the Steelers brass and a writer can be ended from covering and being paid for writing. Anyone remember the big Cowher fooling around with his assistant rumor? Remember how the team squelched any media source from talking about it?
    You mdan to tell me the steelers try to stop writers from exposing damaging info? Wow...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So you don't understand who "leaks" stuff to the writers so word gets out? You are oblivious to those ways of the world? Really? Wow. Naive. The team has ways of making writers write this stuff, without ever having to have a peep officially come from team. You were unaware of this? Seriously?
    You have no credibility about this team or anything else. You can stand on the corner and scream in a loudspeaker all you want. It doesn't mean anything.
    Here comes the BOOM!