Thread: Matt Millers 7 rd mock draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Matt Millers 7 rd mock draft

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1575720-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-7-round-predicitons-after-free-agency-rush?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&u tm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1575720-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-7-round-predicitons-after-free-agency-rush/page/18[/URL]

So what do you guys think?

1) Jarvis Jones OLB
    2) Kevin Minter ILB
    3) Markus Wheaton WR
    4) Montee Ball RB
    5) Robert Lester SS
    6) Nick Kasa TE
    6) John Boyett FS
    7) Walter Stewart OLB

Seems to hit all the Steelers needs to well. I am not sold on Jones. Seems Minter fits well. Wheaton is not the big WR but might fit the offense well. I want Bell over Ball at this point. Lester I have no clue but a need. Kasa seems like more of a blocking TE. Boyett sounds like Clark if healthy. Stewart I have no idea, but seems there would be a better option for the Steelers at this point in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

eifert and hunter on the board when our 2nd round pick comes around and this guy picks an ILB after taking an OLB in the 1st??

matt miller = keith butler??

Legend

User Info Menu

Bailey from WVU fits better at WR. He's a possession type WR that we need.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

If Jones falls to #17 and Minter falls to #48, then our LB corps is complete for the foreseeable future. The 3-4 defense is based on strong LB play, and being able to field Jones-Timmons-Minter-Woodley, with Worilds and Foote as depth players, would make me a happy guy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree...Bailey would be a better fit here in Pittsburgh.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the first 2 picks, but if the draft falls like this guy has it, you almost have to take John Jenkins or Johnathan Hankins in the third. If WR, I prefer Terrance Williams over Wheaton.

I know that could end up with a D heavy draft, but it would be tough to pass on those guys in round 3.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Plaxico=Posession
    Cotchery=Posession
    Brown=Posession
    Sanders=Slot

Wheaton=Burner

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I agree...Bailey would be a better fit here in Pittsburgh.
    I agree as well other than Stedman being a possession guy. . Stedman was the long ball guy at WVU. If the pass went down the field it was usually Stedman on the other side. Tavon was generally the guy that would be given the ball if we needed a couple yards. Stedman was the long ball guy. If Austin went long it was because he broke one, Not because he beat someone deep.

The mock hits a lot of need area's but I think we can mix it up more. There is no QB in the draft and I am pretty sure we draft one in the 2-5 range this year, depending on who is on the board. Also we can get a better idea of who we are taking once the visits are complete.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That would be a very good draft.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1575720-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-7-round-predicitons-after-free-agency-rush?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&u tm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1575720-2013-nfl-mock-draft-updated-7-round-predicitons-after-free-agency-rush/page/18[/URL]

So what do you guys think?

1) Jarvis Jones OLB
    2) Kevin Minter ILB
    3) Markus Wheaton WR
    4) Montee Ball RB
    5) Robert Lester SS
    6) Nick Kasa TE
    6) John Boyett FS
    7) Walter Stewart OLB

Seems to hit all the Steelers needs to well. I am not sold on Jones. Seems Minter fits well. Wheaton is not the big WR but might fit the offense well. I want Bell over Ball at this point. Lester I have no clue but a need. Kasa seems like more of a blocking TE. Boyett sounds like Clark if healthy. Stewart I have no idea, but seems there would be a better option for the Steelers at this point in the draft.
    Gimmie Dobson at WR and i think its a BRILLIANT draft... 3 of the first 4 have been in my mock at times....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington