Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Looking At FA's is a Farce

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    They know damn well when they reach in their pocketbook it's going to register.
    It's a joke, they walk around with chump change and expect to buy a Benz.
    I've been saying this forever. I am sure they were interested in Jake Long. "Hey Jake, we can offer you league minimum." And then it gets "leaked" that they were interested and fans are supposed to be tricked into thinking they are serious about adding quality players in FA. And in reality, they sign players like "Waste of Spaeth."

For those who think the front office is so much super smarter than all the fans, they are not. They arrogantly act like they are, but look what they have done in the last five years: jack sh-t. What a joke.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    For those who think the front office is so much super smarter than all the fans, they are not. They arrogantly act like they are, but look what they have done in the last five years: jack sh-t. What a joke.
    haven't they been to 2 super bowls in the last 5 years?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    People act like this is something new.
    They act like we are the Browns.

This may be the most assinine post I've ever read on this forum as of late.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

the longer you wait, the cheaper they come. That's how the #Steelers view free agency.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    People act like this is something new.
    They act like we are the Browns.

This may be the most assinine post I've ever read on this forum as of late.
    +1. Completely asinine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Realistic? No
    Smart to inquire what it would take to sign them? Yes
    Thank you.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Realistic? No
    Smart to inquire what it would take to sign them? Yes

I guess it doesn't hurt to inquire, but common sense tells me players like long and Dumervil would want more than the Steelers can afford. They talked to Butler and he isn't even a high profile player, again they couldn't afford to sign him and he left town.
    I could see if they bring in players they know they could fit under the cap, otherwise it's a waste of time and resources to think a Long or Dumervil would actually sign for less knowing they could get more elsewhere.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 03-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by lloydroid[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=555687#post555687"][/URL]For those who think the front office is so much super smarter than all the fans, they are not. They arrogantly act like they are, but look what they have done in the last five years: jack sh-t. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

That's the 2nd time this week Lloyddroid has gotten OWNED!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't use Super Bowls to "judge" the front office while at the same time ignore the disturbing trend of bad drafts.

Because now, as we all see, a lot of the ring bearers are leaving, and there's no one to replace them because of said drafts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With the Steelers looking into to free agency and being so up against the cap, I don't see why they even mess around with it. They probably stood a better chance signing their own players. Then again, it's probably a head game for all that's involved. I'm tired of all the old guys they have either signed, hadn't let go or allowed these players to get their big dollars when they were older and not producing. Then again, what the heck do I know about the workings of an NFL team?