Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keenan Allen?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keenan Allen?

Why is no one talking about this guy as a possible selection for the Steelers in the 1st round. I think he would be a great compliment to Antonio and Manny and would give the Steelers some size on the outside, and yes I'm not really including Plax because I don't think he has much left in the tank, and may not make it out of TC. The guy isn't a speedster but he does have sneaky speed and with the way Haley likes to run his offense, I don't think it's that big of a deal. His route running is one of his strengths and he isn't afraid to go over the middle. I remember him eating the Buckeyes up last year across the middle last season. I'm just surprised no one has brought him up?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Manny Sanders leaves, his name comes up a lot more. He's been mentioned in some threads, I'm sure no one would complain if we drafted him at #17. Can never have enough weapons. Question is...who's our #1 WR right now? Can AB get the job done?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not sure on Allen. He looks stiff and like he would have trouble separating in the NFL.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Question is...who's our #1 WR right now? Can AB get the job done?
    as of right now, there is no question that AB is our #1 WR. whether or not he can get the job done remains to be seen...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6TW LXrlF8SE[/url]

I think there are some real value WR in rounds 2 through 5. Stedman Bailey looks lika a nice WR.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    [url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6TW LXrlF8SE[/url]

I think there are some real value WR in rounds 2 through 5. Stedman Bailey looks lika a nice WR.
    I agree, or even Hopkins from Clemson maybe.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    [URL="http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6TW LXrlF8SE"]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6TW LXrlF8SE[/URL]

I really want Bailey. He's perfect for the Steelers and we won't have to spend a 1st rounder on him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Kinda starting to like this kid....

1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

DRAFT GRADES FOR TOP 10 BY POSITION - WIDE RECEIVERS

By Lance Zierlein
    March 21, 2013

WIDE RECEIVER RANKINGS

Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee 1st
    Tavon Austin West Virginia 1st
    DeAndre Hopkins Clemson 1st
    Keenan Allen California 1st/2nd
    Justin Hunter Tennessee 2nd
    Robert Woods USC 2nd
    Quinton Patton La. Tech 2nd
    Aaron Dobson Marshall 2nd/3rd
    Markus Wheaton Oregon St. 2nd/3rd
    Da'Rick Rogers Tennessee Tech 2nd/3rd

ANALYSIS

Cordarrelle Patterson has the size and speed that teams salivate over, but I can't shake the feeling that we could be looking at the next Troy Williamson (South Carolina WR who was drafted with 7th overall pick and busted). I absolutely love his big play ability, but he's still raw. Hard to overlook his high-end traits though.

Tavon Austin will succeed in the NFL. He is a football player. He just needs the right coach and right scheme to get the most out of his talents. It would be a waste to just plug him in as a slot wide receiver considering how versatile he is with the ball in his hands. He should come in right away and get 5+ TDs.

DeAndre Hopkins would be the first WR taken in this draft if he had better long speed. I don't care that he runs in the 4.5s because when he plays the game, he shows football speed and plenty of it. Hopkins can get separation on short, intermediate and deep routes and he competes. I think he has a chance to be the best WR in this draft.

I'm a big fan of Keenan Allen's toughness, size and ability to operate over the middle of the field. He's not afraid to take a hit and has the frame to handle it. While many WRs get grades based on their measurables, Allen gets his with the way that he plays the game.

Justin Hunter is a little of both. It is hard to get around his drop rate of 12.1%. That is a mess. What is undeniable is Hunter's elite combination of size and speed. At 6'4, he's a legitimate 4.4 WR who can attack defenses down the field. He's got production and measurables on his side, but he's got a low floor so beware.

Robert Woods was so good in 2011 that you have to give that season fair consideration while watching him in 2012. He was banged up in 2012 so I don't think we saw the real Woods. For his size, he's got good quickness into his routes. His ankle problems are a concern though on draft day and could cause him to fall. Quinton Patton is said to be the biggest talker in college football and has the confidence that would make Michael Irvin proud. Like Irvin, he's not a premier athlete, but he's really good after the catch and plays bigger than his 6'0 height.

Marshall's Aaron Dobson has been my most intriguing draft prospect of any WR since I started the process. I see a big guy who is really good at using that size down the field. He high points the ball well, runs well and can make tough catches. I think his game will really translate well for teams looking for a vertical big man.

While he isn't a big guy, Markus Wheaton can handle himself as an outside receiver. He has legit, sprinter's speed and plays to his timed speed on the field. Wheaton is a fierce competitor who will get after CBs in the run game as well. Da'Rick Rogers has the talent to be a top five WR, but there are some teams who have downgraded him for his off-field issues. It will be interesting to see if teams draft the prospect (2nd round) or the guy (3rd/4th due to character).

[URL]http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/draft-grades-top-10-position-wide-receivers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We HAVE to target a WR in the first three picks. I'm all for Hopkins in the second.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke