Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Official Visit Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    (Australia, Atlantic Canada, New Zealand, slang) A sulk or complaint; an act of sulking. I was so upset that I went home and had a sook about it.

I had to look that one up!! I didn't hear that one when I was across the ditch on the South Island

Surprised how they have visited in waves. You know Tomlin was gonna bring one in from his alma mater.
    Hehe.... just upgrading your language culture.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

a little dissapointed that arthur brown (ILB) was brought in and not Minter (at least not yet)... both are late first/early 2nd kind of prospects... but, i think Brown will bust. He's more of a chaser, not a run stuffer...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    a little dissapointed that arthur brown (ILB) was brought in and not Minter (at least not yet)... both are late first/early 2nd kind of prospects... but, i think Brown will bust. He's more of a chaser, not a run stuffer...
    Brown hasn't been brought in. The Steelers had a private workout with him at Kansas.

Disagree about him though- he looks about the safest ILB pick in the first 3 rounds, and Chadman would not be surprised if he is #17.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

OLB Sio Moore coming in today..

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    OLB Sio Moore coming in today..
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

Sio Moore visiting today. Talked to him at combine. He wore glasses and seriousness reminded me of a Singletary, Kirkland. Great 3rd rd buck

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown hasn't been brought in. The Steelers had a private workout with him at Kansas.
    Disagree about him though- he looks about the safest ILB pick in the first 3 rounds, and Chadman would not be surprised if he is #17.
    i think his success depends on what team/scheme he lands in. If he doesn't have a large, space-eating d-line to protect him, he'd struggle. With one that does protect him, he could look like a special player due to his speed. Very much like Timmons was as a younger player.

OTOH, Minter is more of a run stuffer, who doesn't quite have the athleticism. Some say he might come off the field on 3rd downs, but, i don't think he's THAT slow...

Remember, in our 34, there are 2 distinct ILB types... Buck and Mack... the buck LB is more of a bigger/stronger guy who is a run-stuffer and play-caller. The mack is usually a smaller, more athletic guy who can chase down plays; sort of a weakside LB.

If you believe Timmons to be a Buck, then Brown's your guy. I still view Timmons as the mack, as he has been his entire career (other than during his dissapointing attempt at OLB)... And I don't want 2 of mack-types on the field at the same time - there's a reason for the distinction.

The team needs a "run stuffer" type and neither brown, nor timmons fit the bill. Both are very athletic, "slip the block" and hope the back isn't talented enough to read which side i slipped to faster than I can get around the blocker. Not a good match... they need at least one ILB that has the "it's 3rd and 1 and you WILL NOT GET IT" mentality....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great 3rd round Buck??? Isn't Sio Moore an OLB?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Great 3rd round Buck??? Isn't Sio Moore an OLB?
    that's what I found interesting also.

Moore was an OLB in college and projects as an OLB in a 4-3 but apparently the Steelers view him as a possible 3-4 buck LB which would allow Timmons to remain as the mack.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

San Diego St.... isn't that where Quassenberry, the OL that stood out at the Senior Bowl, played?
    Quessenberry went to San Jose state I believe....This Nik Embernate kid looks like a brawler....I like it...

1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    This Nik Embernate kid looks like a brawler....I like it...
    the Steelers were scouting Ezekial Ansah against San Diego St and noticed RG/RT Nik Embernate handling Ansah with ease all game long.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha