Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers one of 3 teams interested in Dwight Freeney

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Steelers have now raised their offer for Dumervil to 5% above league minimum and for Freeney to 2.5% above league minimum. . .hoping to hear back from these players soon. This just in: Steelers are interested in Adrian Peterson and Darrell Revis as well.
    bingo.... what the hell is up with all this interest in players we have no chance of getting?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    bingo.... what the hell is up with all this interest in players we have no chance of getting?
    I'm wondering about this too. It's not like the Steelers are regularly big in the FA market anyway, so why the posturing? Perhaps I'm too far in Steelersland, but to me it's making the FO look a little goofy.

(Now watch them actually sign one of these guys and make me look like a DA)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers are interested in every player under the Sun, once they see the asking price the Sun goes down.

I wonder how Worlids feels about all the disrespect he's getting reading almost everyday about the Steelers looking at bringing in someone in?

Worlids is our best option at this time, when September rolls around he should be like a crazed dog who's been locked up for three years.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 03-22-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe they do their due dilligence. Like if Dumervil would take X dollars they would cut Ike or cut Troy or extend Ben and eat the dead money to have that player.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Maybe they do their due dilligence. Like if Dumervil would take X dollars they would cut Ike or cut Troy or extend Ben and eat the dead money to have that player.
    I guess I'm wondering about the media coverage. Don't most teams do at least some DD on name FA's? Why do the Steelers have to be in the press about it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I guess I'm wondering about the media coverage. Don't most teams do at least some DD on name FA's? Why do the Steelers have to be in the press about it?
    Likely they're just trying to motivate Worilds, Robinson, Carter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I know is if Dwyer doesn't show up in tremendous shape then he is a turd.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Likely they're just trying to motivate Worilds, Robinson, Carter.
    I really hope that's not the case. It seems really Jr. High to threaten to bring in players that nobody thinks you'll sign anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm wondering about this too. It's not like the Steelers are regularly big in the FA market anyway, so why the posturing? Perhaps I'm too far in Steelersland, but to me it's making the FO look a little goofy.

(Now watch them actually sign one of these guys and make me look like a DA)
    I think it's the media trying to squeeze a story out of a turnip.

I view it like car shopping with a wife who loves to twitter/tweet. She knows the husband is getting a Hyundai but the tweets read..

"At the Lexus Dealership"
    "OMG the new Benz rides so smooth"
    "I love the car seats in the BMW"

Backup

User Info Menu

Lip service at best. Hell it could be their agents using us as a bargaining chip.