Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keenan Allen?

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Ryan Swope is also interesting. First round is too high for a WR this draft. You can even look at Jasper Collins and Mallette from Elon later on.
    @_Hellgrammite

I'm not a fan of Patterson, I don't like the way he catches the ball. If it's about a 1st round WR, I would definitely prefer Keenan Allen over Patterson.

IF St. Louis doesn't take him, I'll take Tavon Austin at 17. Playmaker and will start immediately. Returns punts and KO's, and hell even played RB in college..

May need to add some weight, but we can get him a box or 2 of Wheaties.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler
    Everything I read about Tavon Austin looks and sounds fantastic, I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that he's the same size as my 12 year old nephew.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Marshall's Aaron Dobson has been my most intriguing draft prospect of any WR since I started the process. I see a big guy who is really good at using that size down the field. He high points the ball well, runs well and can make tough catches. I think his game will really translate well for teams looking for a vertical big man.
    I have neither heard much about this guy nor seen him play. However, this description of his play is what I have been saying is what the NFL is becoming. This is what won the Ravens the SB this year.

With passing rules the way they are, the advantage is purely in favor of the WR and the offense. If the QB is given time to play lob ball, and he has a WR who can go up and get it, then you will succeed. This is what Boldin (6' 1" with tremendous body control), Smith (6', rocket speed, great athlete), and Jones (6' 2", speedy, great athlete) did for Joe Average throughout the playoffs. Today's QB does not need pinpoint accuracy, just some time and the arm to throw the ball up for grabs.

WR has leeway to push off, worst case scenario he gets a ten yard penalty and replay the down. DB breathes on the receiver and you get the distance and first down. This is how you win on offense in todays NFL - give the QB time and let him throw the ball up.