Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones is a turtle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I'm hoping teams trade up ahead of us for players like Patterson, Barkley, etc. and a gnarley OT like Lane Johnson falls to 17.
    I would love it too but I don't see it happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 NFL Draft: Two prospects go in opposite directions after Pro Days

By Neal Coolong on Mar 22 2013

Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei checked out medically at his Pro Day while Georgia's Jarvis Jones suffered a major setback.

If you're hearing quiet thuds on the ground, it could be the sound of millions of dollars falling out of the pockets of Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones.

He reportedly ran a 4.92 in the 40 at his Pro Day Thursday, all but assuring he'll be available for the Steelers with the 17th overall pick. He'll probably be available for several teams after that as well.

His mediocre 20 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press aren't going to help a player who has been knocked for his ability to win 1-on-1s at the point of attack.

According to NFL.com, Jones said "I'm a football player. It's about football, right? I'm a football player. That's what I do. At the end of the day, you get those drills - I'm not saying they ain't worth nothing - but you get those drills, running the 40 and all that stuff. You could get someone off the street who can run a 4.3, but they can't play football. That's easy."

Those guys who ran a 4.3 at least show the ability to get from Point A to B at the speed of an NFL player. He does make a realistic point, although, it's one made by those who do not perform well in those drills.

Utah's Star Lotulelei did not disappoint in those drills. He repped 225 pounds 38 times on the bench, and had an impressive 4.65 time in the short shuttle.

More importantly, though, the alleged heart issue that kept him out of workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine were put to rest. Doctors fully cleared him, saying the abnormality that caused his left ventricle to only be pumping blood at 44 percent efficiency (55-70 percent is considered normal) is gone, and could simply have been caused by a cold.

So the Steelers can scratch his name off their list of likely picks at No. 17. It was fun while it lasted.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/22/4134750/2013-nfl-draft-prospects-steelers-pro-days-rumors[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Must admit- his gametape & workout tape don't seem to be similar at all.

Question for the pro-Jones people- does the same argument pro-Jones hold true for Damontre Moore, who looks good on tape but really bad in workouts?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Question for the pro-Jones people
    as a pro-Jones guy, I would argue that Jerry Rice ran a disappointing 4.7 in the 40 yard dash at the NFL Combine but still went on to have one of the most successful careers of any NFL WR ever.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    as a pro-Jones guy, I would argue that Jerry Rice ran a disappointing 4.7 in the 40 yard dash at the NFL Combine but still went on to have one of the most successful careers of any NFL WR ever.
    Fair enough. Do you hold Damontre Moore in the same regard?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Fair enough. Do you hold Damontre Moore in the same regard?
    didn't Moore only put up 12 bench presses at the Combine?

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    didn't Moore only put up 12 bench presses at the Combine?
    Yeah, and 19 at his Pro Day.

watching the tape on both, Moore looks to have more moves-more ability to attack inside at the least- than Jones, and Jones had the added advantage of playing on a stacked Defense, while Moore was pretty much the Lone Ranger on D at Texas A&M.

So the question still sits- why Jones but not Moore?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Jones and Moore may both be on the board at #17. I think Jones and Moore may both be on the board at #18.

The Steelers should show lots of interest in both so someone comes & gets them.

Neither will see the field for the Steelers in 2013 as a full time starter. I thought Jones was more explosive in his movements than Moore but Jones does struggle against the run and disengageing. I think both will have to better their playing strength before they will compete on a high level. Besides his medical & his age, the one thing Jones has working against him is his position flexability. Jones's best trait is his ability to rush the passer so you project him to 3-4 OLB because he doesn't appear to have much room for growth and appears undersized to play 4-3 DE. If you move him to WIL to keep him clean you take him away from what he can do best. Moore is 20 years old right now and will be 21 at season start. He has room to grow on his frame which is at 250 right now. Teams could view Moore fitting in both but Jones could be a "right fit" player which may cause him to slide.

Don't want either at #17.

Legend

User Info Menu

Question for the pro-Jones people- does the same argument pro-Jones hold true for Damontre Moore, who looks good on tape but really bad in workouts?
    I haven't been excited about Moore's tape... he got a lot of Gildong-type sacks in the youtube vids i've seen. that's the difference... motor... i'm always a pro-motor guy..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I haven't been excited about Moore's tape... he got a lot of Gildong-type sacks in the youtube vids i've seen. that's the difference... motor... i'm always a pro-motor guy..
    I haven't watched his tape, but I know that Wexell was very unimpressed with his tape as well. From what I've read on Moore, I don't want him at 17, and I'm not sure that I'd want him in the second, either.