Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones is a turtle

Backup

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones is a turtle

At his pro day his best 40 was 4.9. holy Tao ran 4.8. They also said he doesn't train real hard. I don't want him at 1.17. Give me one of the stud guards.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm hoping teams trade up ahead of us for players like Patterson, Barkley, etc. and a gnarley OT like Lane Johnson falls to 17.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    At his pro day his best 40 was 4.9. holy Tao ran 4.8. They also said he doesn't train real hard. I don't want him at 1.17. Give me one of the stud guards.
    the training rumors are concerning, however, I have no concerns about his playing speed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Play-makers please. Wides, running backs, corners, etc.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A OLB is not a play maker? Ask James how that interception in the super bowl was? Ask Woodley about the sack at the end of the same superbowl. Plus in the first it should go BPA (for the Steelers) PERIOD!

Do I want this kid? Not so sure. Looks like he has huge bust potential.

Also as it is most times Crash, you keep beating the SAME drum in every thread. Could you add some thoughts about Jones? Why he is a good or bad pick?

Backup

User Info Menu

A OLB is not a play maker? Ask James how that interception in the super bowl was?
    James made that play on his own, he was supposed to blitz, recognized the play from an earlier game, and freelanced it.

Jones is slow, we also don't have the time to wait for him to pay his dues and "learn the system" for 3 years (as if rushing the QB takes some sort of mensa member).

This draft should be all about offense. If they pick any defense? I pick corners and safeties.

Spreading teams out is the future of this league. Goodell's rules are making that happen. Need guys who can cover.

Adapt or die.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    James made that play on his own, he was supposed to blitz, recognized the play from an earlier game, and freelanced it.

Jones is slow, we also don't have the time to wait for him to pay his dues and "learn the system" for 3 years (as if rushing the QB takes some sort of mensa member).

This draft should be all about offense. If they pick any defense? I pick corners and safeties.

Spreading teams out is the future of this league. Goodell's rules are making that happen. Need guys who can cover.

Adapt or die.
    Putting the QB on his back before he can get the pass off is another way to stop the pass.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Putting the QB on his back before he can get the pass off is another way to stop the pass.
    When your defense gets spread out? Your OLB's are in coverage. How many games have you seen against us when a good team goes 3-4 wides and James and Woodley are backing up in zone coverage?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I bet Harrison is not very 40 fast either. You also still need to rush the QB and stop the run. The vikings did ok just running the ball last year. But I do see your point. But you can not let the defense die.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    and how is that not being a playmaker?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha