Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones is a turtle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Agreed Okafor sounds good- but Chadman is somewhat wary of Texas footballers & their transition to the NFL lately.

I was thinking the same thing the past year or two. I'm also starting to become leary of OSU, I thought Thad Gibson would have been a good pick.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    For the record, I'd be happy with Ertz too. Eifert appears to be equally good as a receiver, but as you said, a better blocker.

Colbert himself said that with knee injuries like Heath's they consider the guy lost for a full year and consider it good fortune if they get back sooner. If that's the case, Heath isn't on the field until late in the year unless he's pushed. Even if he makes a great recovery, he still doesn't see the field until 5 or 6 games in.

Worilds is replacing Harrison. We have three guys vying for the NT spot (McClendon, Fanguopo and Ta'amu), and many thought McClendon could have started last year. Foote may not be great, but he's a solid pro that knows this D. The D might have to settle for being top 10 instead of #1 in order to get the weapons needed on O.

A TE like Eifert helps in both the passing game and running game as both a blocker and receiver (Ertz is more of a receiver). In Haley's O, it seems that he would be used more than a speed-burning deep threat like Wallace. The drop off from a top line TE like Eifert to a decent ham & egger like Stoneburner seems more significant than the drop off in many of the other skill positions.
    i get it, but, this team MUST have one player who can run by defenders... otherwise, they'll see 8 in the box cuz defenses don't have any fear of speed AND they know whatever the play, it's not going to be more than 15 yards downfield. sure, he can block, but, what about those extra safeties that drop down cuz there's no one to fear that might get behind you..

dang... you just made me want Arians back - lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Jones is a pre-combine top 5 pick by many... If he's there at 17, you just take him and move on... no converting - he's already a linebacker. No sense in taking a backup TE...
    Moore was a precombine Top 5 pick by many. Moore and Jones are in free falls for a reason. The smoke went up. Neither are a day 1 starter for the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Moore was a precombine Top 5 pick by many. Moore and Jones are in free falls for a reason. The smoke went up. Neither are a day 1 starter for the Steelers.
    troy polamalu wasn't a day 1 starter for the steelers... nor was harrison... or j.peezy... or Ben... not sure Day 1 starter matters... does it?

DeVille's Mid-March Mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

troy polamalu wasn't a day 1 starter for the steelers... nor was harrison... or j.peezy... or Ben... not sure Day 1 starter matters... does it?
    Coming off an 8-8 season and losing 6 starters from the year before it does....Dont you think? The Brass doesn't like to use the words "needs" or " holes" but this has to be a situation heading into the draft they dont want to be in. The need starters and depth....And vet mins isn't going to fill them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i get it, but, this team MUST have one player who can run by defenders... otherwise, they'll see 8 in the box cuz defenses don't have any fear of speed AND they know whatever the play, it's not going to be more than 15 yards downfield. sure, he can block, but, what about those extra safeties that drop down cuz there's no one to fear that might get behind you..

dang... you just made me want Arians back - lol
    It's not as though Brown won't be there with his quickness. Nope, he's not as fast as Wallace but then, who is? Hopefully, we get Sanders back as well and he's not exactly slow. Anyway, good WR's are there to be had in the second and third rounds- some really fast guys too if that's what they want. The premium TE will likely not make it past the first round. The drop off after that becomes far more noticeable from everything I've seen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Coming off an 8-8 season and losing 6 starters from the year before it does....Dont you think? The Brass doesn't like to use the words "needs" or " holes" but this has to be a situation heading into the draft they dont want to be in. The need starters and depth....And vet mins isn't going to fill them.
    you're talking taking a day-1 starter who goes to the bench in week 6 behind Heath... I'm talking, taking a guy who may not start day one, but, by week 6 could be the next in a long line of great OLBs...I like my call better.... but, whatever makes you happy... in the end, neither of us get to make the call ...

besides, this isn't an 8-8 team... lots of injuries.

DeVille's Mid-March Mock

Rookie

User Info Menu

you're talking taking a day-1 starter who goes to the bench in week 6 behind Heath...
    Unless with the addition of another premium TE, the Steelers run 2 TE sets using them as actual receivers...

What would you rather have at that point?

Brown, Sanders, Eifert and Miller?

or

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Miller?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Unless with the addition of another premium TE, the Steelers run 2 TE sets using them as actual receivers...

What would you rather have at that point?

Brown, Sanders, Eifert and Miller?

or

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Miller?
    Brown, <draft pick who is better than sanders>, Sanders and Miller....

DeVille's Mid-March Mock

Backup

User Info Menu

Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and whomever is lined up at TE.