Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Per Ed Bouchette:

The quarterback the Steelers really wanted was Brian Hoyer and they let him slip through their hands. If Arizona had not put a second-round tender on him as an RFA, the Steelers were going to try to sign him. However, they had him on their team when they signed him Nov. 20 to the 53-man roster after the injuries to Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. They released him on Dec. 8 so they could add josh Victorian from the practice squad. That was a mistake, and they know it. Bruce Arians also must have known how much they wanted him back by placing the second-round tender on him. Hoyer signed that tender this week.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

What does everyone think about Zac Dysert? I hear he was projected to be a mid round pick but he could drop some maybe the Steelers would consider. He's recovering from a hammy from what I heard.

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

No EJ Manuel. No Landry Jones. No Tyler Bray. Give me this Tulane kid, Ryan Griffin, in the 6th or 7th round.

Scheduled visit w/ #Steelers.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

i like landry jones... I'd take him with a mid-round pick...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    some winners flop... NO losers succeed... name one...
    Well isn't that the point? If he was winning and putting up those numbers he would be a Top 10 pick. Since his team was a middle of the road and he was still putting up numbers & throw in his character concerns ....He is a mid rounder. We are talking about a QB not being handed a franchise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well isn't that the point? If he was winning and putting up those numbers he would be a Top 10 pick. Since his team was a middle of the road and he was still putting up numbers & throw in his character concerns ....He is a mid rounder. We are talking about a QB not being handed a franchise.
    your point is you want to draft a qb that has a smaller than usual chance of being a successful nfl qb??

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Per Ed Bouchette:

The quarterback the Steelers really wanted was Brian Hoyer and they let him slip through their hands. If Arizona had not put a second-round tender on him as an RFA, the Steelers were going to try to sign him. However, they had him on their team when they signed him Nov. 20 to the 53-man roster after the injuries to Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. They released him on Dec. 8 so they could add josh Victorian from the practice squad. That was a mistake, and they know it. Bruce Arians also must have known how much they wanted him back by placing the second-round tender on him. Hoyer signed that tender this week.
    I still have no idea why they didn't just put Leftwich on I.R., and kept Hoyer on the roster last year. That was truly dumb.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    your point is you want to draft a qb that has a smaller than usual chance of being a successful nfl qb??

"Smaller than usual" is your opinion fueled by your personal dislike because you met the guy & he rubbed you the wrong way. The kid has talent and put up very good numbers in the SEC. He could have benefited staying another year but the departure of his offensive talent and a new head coach may hinder him. The round where he will be drafted will reflect on all concerns.

Again...Talking about someone I would consider taking in the 3rd back. The 3rd makes the risk reward more appealing. Bray has first round talent arm and late round attitude. But he is a QB and that position skews the standard in early rounds. I'm all for Bray if he falls to the 3rd and the Steelers pick him. He is worth the risk because of his upside. You don't want him because he he -----, so be it. I want him because of the God given abilities he was blessed with. Cleaning him up will be on him and the organization. Getting a paycheck tends to do "fix" things quickly when you consider your options.

Legend

User Info Menu

Getting a paycheck doesnt always fix things...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I still have no idea why they didn't just put Leftwich on I.R., and kept Hoyer on the roster last year. That was truly dumb.
    Not sure who makes these calls, but the Steelers have made some questionable decisions. I think their vision was skewed by the thought that they could still manage a SB run but they did this to the exclusion of looking to the future. And now it is hitting hard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    JPN, that is just strawman nonsense. No one said choir boys. But, maturity, a love for the game, unselfishness, leadership, mental strength etc should all play a role in drafting a player. If not you become the Bengals.
    Who were better than the Steelers last year.