Wake-up: Food for thought with Steelers

APR 2
by Jamison Hensley

Some Browns fans are upset that Colt McCoy was traded to the 49ers without getting a fair shot to start. Some Steelers fans are upset with me for saying you could make a case for giving Pittsburgh an 'F' for free agency this year. I obviously underestimated the impact of William Gay and Matt Spaeth. Believe me, I won't make that mistake again. But today is a new day. And, with every new day, you get a new wake-up call ...

STEELERS: It was about two weeks ago when team officials had dinner with Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray before his pro day. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette put a different spin on the reported meeting. "Did anyone think that maybe the braintrust wanted to subtly pick Bray’s brain about one of his receivers, Cordarrelle Patterson?," Bouchette wrote. Patterson is the second-best wide receiver in the draft, ranking only behind West Virginia's Tavon Austin. He is big (6-foot-3) and can stretch the field. The Steelers could take a wide receiver with the 17th overall pick because Mike Wallace is gone and Emmanuel Sanders is a free agent next season.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/68108/wake-up-food-for-thought-with-steelers[/URL]