Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wake-up: Food for thought with Steelers

APR 2
    by Jamison Hensley

Some Browns fans are upset that Colt McCoy was traded to the 49ers without getting a fair shot to start. Some Steelers fans are upset with me for saying you could make a case for giving Pittsburgh an 'F' for free agency this year. I obviously underestimated the impact of William Gay and Matt Spaeth. Believe me, I won't make that mistake again. But today is a new day. And, with every new day, you get a new wake-up call ...

STEELERS: It was about two weeks ago when team officials had dinner with Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray before his pro day. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette put a different spin on the reported meeting. "Did anyone think that maybe the braintrust wanted to subtly pick Bray’s brain about one of his receivers, Cordarrelle Patterson?," Bouchette wrote. Patterson is the second-best wide receiver in the draft, ranking only behind West Virginia's Tavon Austin. He is big (6-foot-3) and can stretch the field. The Steelers could take a wide receiver with the 17th overall pick because Mike Wallace is gone and Emmanuel Sanders is a free agent next season.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/68108/wake-up-food-for-thought-with-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

No EJ Manuel. No Landry Jones. No Tyler Bray. Give me this Tulane kid, Ryan Griffin, in the 6th or 7th round.

Scheduled visit w/ #Steelers.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    the Steelers have shown a lot of interest in Ryan Griffin...

Former Tulane quarterback Ryan Griffin excited about his private workout with the San Diego Chargers

By Tammy Nunez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    on April 02, 2013 at 8:14 PM, updated April 02, 2013

Former Tulane quarterback Ryan Griffin impressed another round of NFL executives Tuesday when he excelled in a private workout with the San Diego Chargers.

Griffin met with the franchise's brass along with Coach Mike McCoy, offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, and quarterbacks coach Mike Reich. He had dinner with the team's personnel Monday and then worked out Tuesday.

"It was overall a really good trip," Griffin said. "I have a draft-able grade, which is a good thing. I got some good positive feedback from their quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator."

Reich said Griffin reminded him of another successful NFL passer.

"The quarterbacks coach said I reminded him a lot of himself, which is also a really good compliment," Griffin said.

Reich was a third-round pick of the Bills in 1985 out of Maryland. Reich played 14 NFL seasons, including 10 with Buffalo (1985-94), one with Carolina (1995), one with the New York Jets (1996), and two with Detroit (1997-9. He retired in 1998.

Griffin has worked out privately for the New Orleans Saints, the Philadelphia Eagles and now the Chargers along with starring at Tulane's pro day last week.

The NFL draft is April 25-27.

[URL]http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2013/04/former_tulane_quarterback_ryan_3.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Wake-up: Food for thought with Steelers

APR 2
    by Jamison Hensley

Some Browns fans are upset that Colt McCoy was traded to the 49ers without getting a fair shot to start. Some Steelers fans are upset with me for saying you could make a case for giving Pittsburgh an 'F' for free agency this year. I obviously underestimated the impact of William Gay and Matt Spaeth. Believe me, I won't make that mistake again. But today is a new day. And, with every new day, you get a new wake-up call ...

STEELERS: It was about two weeks ago when team officials had dinner with Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray before his pro day. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette put a different spin on the reported meeting. "Did anyone think that maybe the braintrust wanted to subtly pick Bray’s brain about one of his receivers, Cordarrelle Patterson?," Bouchette wrote. Patterson is the second-best wide receiver in the draft, ranking only behind West Virginia's Tavon Austin. He is big (6-foot-3) and can stretch the field. The Steelers could take a wide receiver with the 17th overall pick because Mike Wallace is gone and Emmanuel Sanders is a free agent next season.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/68108/wake-up-food-for-thought-with-steelers[/URL]
    I'd have no problem with Patterson at #17. I just want us to get Ben another weapon and Patterson or Eifert would fit the bill perfectly although I prefer the latter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers believe Tyler Bray is the best quarterback in the draft

April 22, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, even though the Steelers aren’t ready to replace Ben Roethlisberger, they still may draft Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray.

The Steelers are not ready to start grooming a replacement for Roethlisberger, who is 31 and entering his 10th season in the league. He has three more years remaining on his $100 million contract. But that doesn’t mean they would pass on a talented quarterback who still needs several years of development before he is ready to play in the NFL.

And that quarterback is Tyler Bray, who is only 21 and skipped his senior season at Tennessee to enter the draft.

A lot of NFL teams, the Steelers included, think Bray is the most-talented quarterback in the draft. He is a 6-foot-6, 230-pound pocket passer with a powerful arm who threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns in three seasons with the Volunteers.

Bray, however, is not like any of the 2012 rookie quarterbacks who came ready-made for the NFL — Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III or Russell Wilson. In fact, some NFL teams are worried he might be more like Ryan Leaf, the poster child for the all-arm, no-head quarterback.

Because of his maturity level and need for development, Bray could go anywhere from the second to fourth round in the draft. But nobody questions his skills or ability to make any throw on the field.

While no one knows who’ll one day replace Roethlisberger, the Steelers could always develop Bray and trade him down the road. If they can get him in the fourth round or later, they could end up with a steal.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_believe_tyler_bray_is_the_best_quarterbac k_in_the_draft/13457002[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So many needs, I'm not sure the reasoning here. I would be fine with Gradkowski and drafting the Tulane kid in the 6th or 7th. I hope they don't squander a 4th on this kid in a deep draft.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am truly glad the FO is smelling the coffee and looking for a QB to groom. IMO Ben is a good hit or two away from IR and early retirement. However, I want no part of another low IQ, QB with a questionable work ethic. I take a Russell Wilson type (who plays from the head up) over the 6'6", big-armed, physical speciman, any day of the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I am truly glad the FO is smelling the coffee and looking for a QB to groom. IMO Ben is a good hit or two away from IR and early retirement. However, I want no part of another low IQ, QB with a questionable work ethic, who wins multiple championships. I take a Russell Wilson type (who plays from the head up) over the 6'6", big-armed, two superbowl ring wearing, physical speciman, any day of the week.
    There fixed that for you.

Not a Bray fan either but more because I am scared he is another Ryan Leaf.
    If he is another Ben I'd take him in the first. But I doubt he is.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    So many needs, I'm not sure the reasoning here. I would be fine with Gradkowski and drafting the Tulane kid in the 6th or 7th. I hope they don't squander a 4th on this kid in a deep draft.
    I'd be fine with drafting Bray in the fourth...if they don't, I'm perfectly fine with that as well.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I'd be fine with drafting Bray in the fourth...if they don't, I'm perfectly fine with that as well.
    aloha Rara, love your sig mock draft!

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

aloha Rara, love your sig mock draft!
    Thanks, man! My signature mock draft is a DREAM! But I can't see how that would be done.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa