Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

  1. #51
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Per Ed Bouchette:

    The quarterback the Steelers really wanted was Brian Hoyer and they let him slip through their hands. If Arizona had not put a second-round tender on him as an RFA, the Steelers were going to try to sign him. However, they had him on their team when they signed him Nov. 20 to the 53-man roster after the injuries to Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. They released him on Dec. 8 so they could add josh Victorian from the practice squad. That was a mistake, and they know it. Bruce Arians also must have known how much they wanted him back by placing the second-round tender on him. Hoyer signed that tender this week.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________


    What does everyone think about Zac Dysert? I hear he was projected to be a mid round pick but he could drop some maybe the Steelers would consider. He's recovering from a hammy from what I heard.

  2. #52
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

    No EJ Manuel. No Landry Jones. No Tyler Bray. Give me this Tulane kid, Ryan Griffin, in the 6th or 7th round.

    Scheduled visit w/ #Steelers.


    [URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]

  3. #53
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    i like landry jones... I'd take him with a mid-round pick...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2018 Mock (in Progress)
    1. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise
    2. Justin Reid, S, Stanford

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    some winners flop... NO losers succeed... name one...
    Well isn't that the point? If he was winning and putting up those numbers he would be a Top 10 pick. Since his team was a middle of the road and he was still putting up numbers & throw in his character concerns ....He is a mid rounder. We are talking about a QB not being handed a franchise.
    1.Evans / LVE ILB
    2.Bates / Edmunds S
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    5.Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE


    ILBs Off Board:
    1.Reid S
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    5.Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE


    ILBs & Reid Gone:BPA
    1.Guice RB
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Allen / Moore S
    5.James / Watson WR
    5..Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

  5. #55
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well isn't that the point? If he was winning and putting up those numbers he would be a Top 10 pick. Since his team was a middle of the road and he was still putting up numbers & throw in his character concerns ....He is a mid rounder. We are talking about a QB not being handed a franchise.
    your point is you want to draft a qb that has a smaller than usual chance of being a successful nfl qb??

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2018 Mock (in Progress)
    1. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise
    2. Justin Reid, S, Stanford

  6. #56
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Per Ed Bouchette:

    The quarterback the Steelers really wanted was Brian Hoyer and they let him slip through their hands. If Arizona had not put a second-round tender on him as an RFA, the Steelers were going to try to sign him. However, they had him on their team when they signed him Nov. 20 to the 53-man roster after the injuries to Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. They released him on Dec. 8 so they could add josh Victorian from the practice squad. That was a mistake, and they know it. Bruce Arians also must have known how much they wanted him back by placing the second-round tender on him. Hoyer signed that tender this week.
    I still have no idea why they didn't just put Leftwich on I.R., and kept Hoyer on the roster last year. That was truly dumb.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

    A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

    Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

  7. #57
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    your point is you want to draft a qb that has a smaller than usual chance of being a successful nfl qb??

    "Smaller than usual" is your opinion fueled by your personal dislike because you met the guy & he rubbed you the wrong way. The kid has talent and put up very good numbers in the SEC. He could have benefited staying another year but the departure of his offensive talent and a new head coach may hinder him. The round where he will be drafted will reflect on all concerns.

    Again...Talking about someone I would consider taking in the 3rd back. The 3rd makes the risk reward more appealing. Bray has first round talent arm and late round attitude. But he is a QB and that position skews the standard in early rounds. I'm all for Bray if he falls to the 3rd and the Steelers pick him. He is worth the risk because of his upside. You don't want him because he he -----, so be it. I want him because of the God given abilities he was blessed with. Cleaning him up will be on him and the organization. Getting a paycheck tends to do "fix" things quickly when you consider your options.
    1.Evans / LVE ILB
    2.Bates / Edmunds S
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    5.Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE


    ILBs Off Board:
    1.Reid S
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Washington / Pettis WR
    5.Ballage RB
    5.Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE


    ILBs & Reid Gone:BPA
    1.Guice RB
    2.Jefferson ILB
    3.Allen / Moore S
    5.James / Watson WR
    5..Hill / Norton / Nnadi NT
    7.Henderson WR
    7.Gilmore DE

  8. #58
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Getting a paycheck doesnt always fix things...

  9. #59
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I still have no idea why they didn't just put Leftwich on I.R., and kept Hoyer on the roster last year. That was truly dumb.
    Not sure who makes these calls, but the Steelers have made some questionable decisions. I think their vision was skewed by the thought that they could still manage a SB run but they did this to the exclusion of looking to the future. And now it is hitting hard.

  10. #60
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    JPN, that is just strawman nonsense. No one said choir boys. But, maturity, a love for the game, unselfishness, leadership, mental strength etc should all play a role in drafting a player. If not you become the Bengals.
    Who were better than the Steelers last year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •