2014 NFL Draft
1) Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon
If I have my years right, in cowher's last draft... Santonio Holmes & Anthony Smith, the hot-dog Syracuse were his first 2 picks... Just saying...
1. Louis Nix III, NT, Notre Dame
2. Donte Moncrief, WR, Miss St
3. Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin (comp pick)
4. Rashad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State
5. Brandon Thomas, OG/OT, Clemson
6. DeAndre Coleman, DT/DE, California
7. Charles Sawyer, CB/FS, Ole Miss
2013 MNF Executive Champion!
1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
2. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech or Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. (comp) Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin or Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia or James Hurst OT North Carolina
5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska or Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
even the comments bray made about putting on weight were completely ludicrous. He claims that he could only afford the dollar menu which is complete BS. UTs training table is as good as any in the nation and bray comes from money. I hardly believe his parents would let him go hungry. The real reason he never put on any weight is that he never made an effort to get better or stronger. Its just more excuses from this kid.
I'm with ghost, turn in a blank card before you draft this bum.
The Steelers also spent a lot of time talking to Geno Smith, but we all know that we aren't drafting him. We were likely getting insights about Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. Similarly, the Steelers spending a lot of time talking to Tyler Bray likely means that they were fishing for nuggets about Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, and possibly even Da'Rick Rogers.
My post-combine mock draft:
1. NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
3c. S Deone Bucannon, Washington State
4. OT James Hurst, North Carolina
5. WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State
5c. CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
6. DE Deandre Coleman, California
7. ILB Max Bullough, Michigan State
And talking to EJ Manuel?
Connect the dots people:
Ben due for a new contract.
Yinzer backup signed for 3 years.
Now fishing around 2nd round QB on a team with 2 average RBs under contract, 1 receiver gone, another half way out the door, and Miller is hurt.
Not hard to figure out why.
I think we draft one of those WRs ruthless.
I would take rogers in the 2nd. He reminds me a little of julio jones. Very physical player.
Heck, regular students can eat as many times as they want in the regular cafeteria's plus they have a million and one options all over campus. Alumni wouldn't let him go hungry let alone his parents.
I can't believe he would say something like that.
With so many needs now I don't see us picking a QB until the last round if at all, maybe next season the steelers can get serious about the QB position. This draft is weak at QB, otherwise maybe the Steelers would consider, lets get some playmakers on this team instead of long shots.