Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Steelers interested in Tennessee QB Tyler Bray?

Legend

User Info Menu

2013 NFL Draft: Tyler Bray says Steelers promised they would take him

May 2nd, 2013 by Matt Shetler

One of the most interesting aspects of the 2013 NFL draft was the fact that all of the quarterbacks not named E.J. Manuel went a lot later than anyone expected.

Eventually the phone did ring for mostly all of the young signal callers, but that call never came for Tennessee’s Tyler Bray.

Bray went undrafted and eventually signed with the Kansas City Chiefs, but according to his father, Bray expected to be drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers and went as far to say that the Steelers told Bray they would draft him.

The Steelers were linked to Bray more than a few times before the draft and it was reported that Steelers brass thought he was the most talented quarterback in the draft, but instead of targeting Bray late in the draft, they selected Oklahoma’s Landry Jones in the fourth round despite having no communication with Jones during the draft process.

Teams often make draft promises and that very well could be the case here as the Steelers were definitely in on Bray, but I have a hard time thinking they went as far to make a guarantee.

Bray’s father Jeff, is likely still upset that his son didn’t get drafted, despite being possibly the most physically talented quarterback of the crop.

But given Bray’s immaturity off the field, it’s doubtful the Steelers made that promise.

There’s a reason Bray didn’t get drafted last weekend. What that is isn’t exactly known at this time, but the Steelers weren’t the only team to pass on him and I believe that speaks volumes.

[URL]http://cityofchampionssports.com/2013/05/02/2013-nfl-draft-was-tyler-bray-promised-to-be-drafted-by-the-steelers/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campai gn=Trending[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Love that we took Landry over Bray.

Bray is Jeff George II...huge talent and huge head case.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Love that we took Landry over Bray.

Bray is Jeff George II...huge talent and huge head case.
    Kiper isn's a GM...
    Mayock doesn't own a team...

These kids need to get it together.. The day Romo resigned with a 55 million bonus should have been the day every QB who wasn't a senior made the announcement to stay in school.

Palmer and Alex Smith getting gigs also should have been a sign.