Rolando McClain allowed to seek trade

Tomlin really liked him coming out.

I would at least take a look.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Tomlin really liked him coming out.

I would at least take a look.
    Depending on what the Raiders are asking for him- sure, sounds good. Much like what Chadman suggested with Bess out of Miami.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Backup

User Info Menu

If they don't get a trade they will cut him.

I believe since they gave him permission we can bring him in for a physical, etc.

Why not?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If they don't get a trade they will cut him.

I believe since they gave him permission we can bring him in for a physical, etc.

Why not?
    Not arguing the point- sounds good. Offer up a 5th or 6th & see what happens.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting...
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

From the Yahoo sports blog site: "In 41 games over the last three seasons, McClain has 246 tackles, 6.5 sacks and one interception. McClain's most impressive season came in 2011 when he posted five sacks and a career-high 14 passes defensed as a 14-game starter. However, McClain's on-field performance that season was overshadowed by his off-field exploits. McClain was arrested in Decatur, Alabama in January of 2011 after allegedly pointing a gun at another man and firing it next to his head. McClain was convicted and sentenced to 180 days in jail, but the charges were dropped upon appeal when the victim would not cooperate with the criminal case. In January of 2013, McClain was again arrested in Decatur, Alabama after giving a false name to police during a traffic stop. In between those arrests, McClain was involved in an argument with head coach Dennis Allen and was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team for two games late in the 2012 season. McClain would not play after he was reinstated and he finished his third season in the NFL with 62 tackles and a sack while playing in 48.11 percent of the team's defensive snaps. If off-field exploits and a run-in with a head coach aren't enough of a deterrent to keep a team from trading for McClain, his contract might. McClain, who turns 24 in July, entered the NFL a season before rookies were sacrificed in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement. McClain has two seasons and $10.31 million remaining on his five-year, $40.25 million rookie contract and is scheduled to earn $4.255 million in total cash compensation 2013 and another $6.055 million in 2014. According to a source with knowledge of McClain's rookie contract, $3.635 million of the $10.31 million that remains on the contract is fully guaranteed with no offset language. Whoever acquires the contract, also acquires the $3.635 million in fully guaranteed base salaries." Trade for McClain -- and take on that kind of salary with that kind of risk??? If no trade agreement is reached, the Raiders will have to release McClain, but even then, I don't think the Steelers would bite...nor would I want them to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He really hasn't ever shown he is that good of a player, plus his off-the-field baggage. Pass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would take ...McClain. However, I wouldn't trade for McClain because of his salary. He would have to be released for me to pursue him. It would be a 2 year deal with little up front and loaded with incentives because of his off field issues. He wouldn't be by no means a lock for this year. Year 2 would be an attractive deal for him in his base. If he didn't respond well to the vets, playing STs, and trying to win the starting spot...I would cut him in the last cuts. Risk-reward worth it if he has to earn his $$$. That being said, it only takes one team to "gamble" on who they thought he was coming out of college to give him a nice deal if he is cut.

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't need anymore drama, or locker room nonsense. Pass.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We don't need anymore drama, or locker room nonsense. Pass.
    Looks like a good move to avoid McClain. Amazing that guys waste a golden opportunity because they have **** for brains. He was arrested AGAIN in his hometown.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9198542/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-arrested-charged-alabama[/URL]
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.