Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weddle to the Ravens

Legend

User Info Menu

Weddle to the Ravens

Ravens work their magic:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/333092/ravens-snag-s-weddle-with-4-year-$26m-deal?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

Legend

User Info Menu

The dude had a subpar year last year and he is a liar. Said he wanted to play for a contender. Ravens are a good fit for that type of guy.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Eh, he may have been nice to sign...but, clearly it's not about winning and that's his prerogative...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Definite upgrade for the Ratbirds. A lot of money for a 31 year old safety, but I guess they had the cap space to do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Weddle says he chose the Ravens because they made him feel wanted.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/weddle-ravens-offered-first-kept-selling/[/url]

I think it was the money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Weddle says he chose the Ravens because they made him feel wanted.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/weddle-ravens-offered-first-kept-selling/[/URL]

I think it was the money.
    "Money" can do much to make you "feel wanted" when what we are talking about is signing a contract.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    "Money" can do much to make you "feel wanted" when what we are talking about is signing a contract.
    Bingo.....

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

As FA hits everybody is like man, we really need Weddle. He signs with Ravens it's now..well he's 31 and sucks.

Rookie

User Info Menu

There was one person who said something like that...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelYinzer View Post
    As FA hits everybody is like man, we really need Weddle. He signs with Ravens it's now..well he's 31 and sucks.
    I was one of the biggest Weddle advocates on here. But I said last week that we'll only get him if he's willing to play for a contract similar to the ones we gave to Ladarius Green and Mike Mitchell. If not, he'll play for the Raiders. I was wrong about the team he ended up with.

He'll surely improve Baltimore's secondary, like I was sure he would have improved ours. But that's a hefty chunk to pay a guy on his 3rd contract, considering what they just had to do to make their single-browed QB's cap hit somewhat palatable again.

I don't understand Baltimore paying the even older Ben Watson what they did either (even if Dennis Pitta's injuries never allow him to play again, they already have young capable TE's in Crockett Gillmore and Maxx Williams).

I respect what Ozzie Newsome does in the draft, but I question his work in free agency.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.