Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I DO see a possible bright season scenario

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd?
    I worry about waiting that long. I think he has been rising up teams' draft boards lately.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I thought they could of relied on Ward more in the fourth quarter in that game, I do give us credit for making it a game in the second half but where was our defense the first half where GB more less dominated.
    Where was the D? We were playing with a hobbled Polamalu and GB knew it and went right at him. He got toasted. They couldn't cover Jordy "F'n" Nelson.

Backup

User Info Menu

Polamalu was a friggin' decoy the entire game. Nowhere near the LOS and he didn't have one tackle until the 4th quarter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If you want to rip on Brady's play of late, where would you place Ben in comparison? He didn't even MAKE the play offs, never mind win in them. And the year before he got beat my Tim F'n Tebow. Pats lost last season to the eventual world champions, as they did the year before that. That is hardly proof of how bad they were. Ben needed one stinkin win to make the play off vs. Dallas and Cinci, and could beat neither. He had the ball with a chance to score the go ahead TD and FAILED in both games. He was FAIL in the Super Bowl in the same scenario vs. GB. He was FAIL vs. Denver. You rip Brady and yet Ben has been far less clutch for the past 3 seasons, BIG TIME.
    Dang LD, Crash's view of all thing Steeler is extreme pro-Ben in everything and you are so extreme in ripping Ben.

LD my new nick for you is "The Anti-Crash"

(take that as a compliment)

I cannot figure how I disagree with BOTH of you so much, when your views are so opposed to each other.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

I kind of liked Dwyer too, but I think I would be more optimistic if the Steelers add a RB that takes [earns] the job.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Polamalu was a friggin' decoy the entire game. Nowhere near the LOS and he didn't have one tackle until the 4th quarter.
    He was playing on one leg. Not sure he should have even been out there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    I kind of liked Dwyer too, but I think I would be more optimistic if the Steelers add a RB that takes [earns] the job.
    I don't like JD as much as I did, but if there EVER was a year he was going to assert himself, it is this year. But I definitely want them to draft another back to have in the mix and let who ever wins the job be our main guy. I would love Bell to be the guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dang LD, Crash's view of all thing Steeler is extreme pro-Ben in everything and you are so extreme in ripping Ben.

LD my new nick for you is "The Anti-Crash"

(take that as a compliment)

I cannot figure how I disagree with BOTH of you so much, when your views are so opposed to each other.
    Yea, disagreeing with both is a head scratcher. All I did was post facts - Crash wants to rip Brady for the last few years yet Ben has been far worse. It's not even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL from the sidelines

THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2013
    Posted by Dale Lolley

The sky is not falling

Fans tend to look at things in a vacuum. They are so intent on what's going on with their favorite team that they don't look around at what's happening with everyone else.

And that's what we've had the past couple of weeks with the Steelers, who have released Willie Colon and James Harrison and lost Mike Wallace and Keenan Lewis in free agency.

Depending on who you listen to, the Steelers are looking at having the first-overall pick in next year's draft to being so bad that everyone in the front office and on the coaching staff will be fired.

But when you look at what's happened to the Steelers - none of which was a surprise - it pales in comparison with what's going on in Baltimore.

With Ed Reed's signing with Houston Wednesday, the Ravens are now down eight starters. Eight!

And we're not even close to being done with free agency at this point.

Cincinnati, despite having a ton of salary cap space, has lost linebacker Manny Lawson without making any significant upgrades.

Meanwhile in Cleveland, the Browns have been active in free agency, but are still lacking in the most important position on the field, quarterback.

The bottom line is that nothing happens in a vacuum. And there will be other moves made both in free agency and in the draft.

There's several months for things to play out, including the all-important draft.

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-sky-is-not-falling.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha