Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I DO see a possible bright season scenario

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    I'm saying for all of the alleged NE "greatness" with their 2 TE set, they haven't won anything with it and their alleged dreamy QB can't seem to produce in the playoffs anymore.

Take it as you see fit.
    Just like with Pittsburgh, and injuries to a very key player (Gronk for the Pats) can derail the SB run...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

For me the key to the Steelers having success depends on the O-line and Ben. It's about time we have some luck with that line staying healthy gaining continuity to be successful.
    In combination of the above adding a a good back and TE Eifert we could possibly see a difference as some feel our offense is weaker at this point. Probably the most important part of our offense is whether either Gilbert or Adams can man that LT position without any drop-off from starks at the minimum, anything above that would be icing on the cake.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just like with Pittsburgh, and injuries to a very key player (Gronk for the Pats) can derail the SB run...
    Gronk's been injured for 8 years?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Gronk's been injured for 8 years?
    They've been running the 2 TE set with Gronk and Hernandez for 8 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Lotta ifs, but I like some of the optimism. I will say the one I'm most skeptical about is our OL. As long as Gilbert and Adams are our bookends, there will be problems with this OL. But, I can see them being a great run blocking OL. And that could allow Dwyer to have a big big season. With that said, if the Steelers draft Bell, all bets are off. I think this kid could be rookie of the year.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lotta ifs, but I like some of the optimism. I will say the one I'm most skeptical about is our OL. As long as Gilbert and Adams are our bookends, there will be problems with this OL. But, I can see them being a great run blocking OL. And that could allow Dwyer to have a big big season. With that said, if the Steelers draft Bell, all bets are off. I think this kid could be rookie of the year.
    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I hope we draft him, he could emerge as the feature back in our offense and be a great addition. Plus with that new rule for running backs his style of running may be just what the doctor ordered.
    You may be right Shawn about the tackles, but since Haley runs the dink and dunk they wouldn't have to hold their blocks as long you would think anyway.

Btw, how would you guys like Le'veon Bell and Tavon Auston in this paticular offense? Problem is we probably couldn't get both, but I would settle for Bell no problem.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They've been running the 2 TE set with Gronk and Hernandez for 8 years?
    No, but Brady, the alleged genius QB is 0 for his last 8.

A little different without his camera's no?

Instead of us trying to be New England (which is why we supposedly hired Haley) how about we worry about what our own team has done while not trying to be someone else?

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers had 3 wide base against the Packers? They win.
    The game plan coming into that game was very 3-wide heavy. But when Manny Sanders got hurt early on and Antonio Brown didn't know more than one wideout position by the end of his rookie season, plans had to change.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The game plan coming into that game was very 3-wide heavy. But when Manny Sanders got hurt early on and Antonio Brown didn't know more than one wideout position by the end of his rookie season, plans had to change.
    Nice story.

But not accurate.