For me the key to the Steelers having success depends on the O-line and Ben. It's about time we have some luck with that line staying healthy gaining continuity to be successful.
In combination of the above adding a a good back and TE Eifert we could possibly see a difference as some feel our offense is weaker at this point. Probably the most important part of our offense is whether either Gilbert or Adams can man that LT position without any drop-off from starks at the minimum, anything above that would be icing on the cake.
Lotta ifs, but I like some of the optimism. I will say the one I'm most skeptical about is our OL. As long as Gilbert and Adams are our bookends, there will be problems with this OL. But, I can see them being a great run blocking OL. And that could allow Dwyer to have a big big season. With that said, if the Steelers draft Bell, all bets are off. I think this kid could be rookie of the year.
2014 NFL Draft
1) Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon
1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
2. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech or Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3. (comp) Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin or Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech
4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia or James Hurst OT North Carolina
5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska or Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
*Free Agent signing Chris Clemons FS Miami*
You may be right Shawn about the tackles, but since Haley runs the dink and dunk they wouldn't have to hold their blocks as long you would think anyway.
Btw, how would you guys like Le'veon Bell and Tavon Auston in this paticular offense? Problem is we probably couldn't get both, but I would settle for Bell no problem.
A little different without his camera's no?
Instead of us trying to be New England (which is why we supposedly hired Haley) how about we worry about what our own team has done while not trying to be someone else?
My post-combine mock draft:
1. NT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
2. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
3c. S Deone Bucannon, Washington State
4. OT James Hurst, North Carolina
5. WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State
5c. CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
6. DE Deandre Coleman, California
7. ILB Max Bullough, Michigan State