Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I DO see a possible bright season scenario

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Nice story.

But not accurate.
    Oh, I forgot...you were with our coaches when they constucted the game plan and I wasn't. You were on the sidelines when the calls were being made and I wasn't.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought they could of relied on Ward more in the fourth quarter in that game, I do give us credit for making it a game in the second half but where was our defense the first half where GB more less dominated.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Oh, I forgot...you were with our coaches when they constucted the game plan and I wasn't. You were on the sidelines when the calls were being made and I wasn't.
    If you watched that game you would know that the ONLY TIMES the offense had any rhythm was when 3 wides were on the field and the backups at TE weren't.

Add up the total plays, the total yardage, and te points on our scoring drives.

Then go count the number of times DJ and Spaeth were on the field during them.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you watched that game
    I forgot to watch that Super Bowl! Silly me!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I forgot to watch that Super Bowl! Silly me!
    You couldn't have watched if you claim 3 wide was scrapped. The only time this team did anything was with 3 wides on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd?
    Talent wise he shouldn't. I'm not sure why he is slated for the third in the first place.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd?
    Walter Football has Bell being drafted in the 5th round in their latest mock which I don't personally agree with but most draft sites have Bell going in the 3rd or 4th round.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Walter Football has Bell being drafted in the 5th round in their latest mock which I don't personally agree with but most draft sites have Bell going in the 3rd or 4th round.
    I'd pull the trigger in the third easy.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell is a much better back than Monte Ball. A team will recognize this and he doesn't make it out of the third.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Instead of us trying to be New England (which is why we supposedly hired Haley) how about we worry about what our own team has done while not trying to be someone else?
    Wait a minute Crash, who was OC when we started running all the two tight end stuff? Who has run more two tight end base sets than anyone in team history?
    Your boy Arians.

Dont you dare call THAT yinzer ball, since we NEVER did much of that before your genius BA.

We didnt have to dump Arians to get no stinkin two tight ends in imitating NE.

The difference between us and NE is that they have two stars with the TALENT to run that set and Arians stupidly did it with Miller and a scrub.

That kind of stupidity got him fired.

You rip us for going 2 tight ends too much in the SB?
    Is that HALEYS fault?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher