Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

another ben thread.

great.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tuck rule should have stayed and the helmet rule that passed is silly.

Football Dad is ruining the sport. The mob may have to save us at some point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Yeah because they won so much for 20 years before him.

Ben could win another ring, and Art wouldn't pay him.

He's an idiot, he listens to the dumb, mindless, brainless sheep who want 1975 football.
    Ben is signed for 3 more years. When that contract ends he will be 34, and have taken 12 seasons of extreme punishment on his body. He will also be looking to command an absolute MONSTER contract.

Ben could win 3 more SBs before that time comes, and I would hope that they wouldn't sign him again. At that age, with that punishment, he wouldn't be worth sacrificing the future with a deadweight contract.

Backup

User Info Menu

If they keep him he never sees the market. If he's not extended by next season he won't be.

Even if they added two or three years to it.

You would want Ben to be let go after a Three Peat?

Hahahahahaha

See what I mean people?

Only in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, I most certainly would want a 34 year old, 12 season veteran QB with a very very very extensive injury history who would command 25+ million/season to be let go.

Ben is great at what he does. What he does just so happens to get him injured a lot. It's not like we are looking at signing a 34 year old Peyton Manning or Tom Brady here. Those guys don't take 1/4 the hits Ben does.

The smart business move is to let this contract play itself out (to the tune of 17+ mil/year the last two years), have a QB groomed to take over, use the money that would otherwise go to Ben to restock the rest of the team, and start a new dynasty.

At that point the burdensome contracts of years past are out of the picture and you have some money ready to sign the next great QB when you find him. They may suck for a few years, but that's the price you have to pay to end up as a great team.

Backup

User Info Menu

It's not $17 million.

It's about $12 million. He's reworked I think three times.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's not $17 million.

It's about $12 million. He's reworked I think three times.

13.5 this year, almost 18 next year, and a little over 17 the final year of the contract.

[url]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Other than John Elway by Dan Reeves, I can't recall another HOF QB who gets treated with the blatant disrespect that Ben has received from this team.
    ??? How much does he make per season? Sign me up to be so "blatantly disrespected"...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    13.5 this year, almost 18 next year, and a little over 17 the final year of the contract.

[url]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger/[/url]
    Those are cap hits. His BASE salary I believe next year and the year after is $11.6 million.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ??? How much does he make per season? Sign me up to be so "blatantly disrespected"...
    It's not about money. He'd get that amount anywhere else.

I'm talking about how they value him, how they use him as a player, how they respect his talent.

And they don't.