Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Backup

User Info Menu

Actually I would pissed off if they dumped Ben. It would just be another embarrassment on Art's resume.

The Steelers have never won a Super Bowl since Art began to have an ownership stake in this team.

He's a 60 year old Jerry Jones wanna-be.

And that's not a good thing.

Backup

User Info Menu

All other seasons we have done what YOU want, been a pass happy team.
    This includes every time we missed a playoff with Ben.
    They were a pass happy team since Ben started in 2004.

Then in 2010 it all changed. Because Art wants the run game.

Have to watch the game and not read the box scores.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    The Steelers have never won a Super Bowl since Art began to have an ownership stake in this team.
    Dan Rooney became president of the Steelers in 1975. The team went to 4 Super Bowls during his first decade in charge, and won 4 rings.

Art Rooney II became president of the Steelers in 2003. The team went to 3 Super Bowls during his first decade in charge, and won 2 rings.

Good job taking a thread about the tuck rule vote and hijacking it into more of your pro-Ben, anti-Art propaganda IN THE VERY FIRST RESPONSE. That has to be some kind of thread hijacking record...even spammers trying to sell cheap knockoff jerseys aren't so blatant.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 03-21-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Art Rooney II became president of the Steelers in 2003. The team went to 3 Super Bowls during his first decade in charge, and won 2 rings.
    And since he became an owner his role has changed. He's now making FOOTBALL decisions and telling HOF QBs how to play their position.

Can't compare Art to Dan. Dan's been around this team his whole life. Dan wasn't "president" but he was the one who hired Chuck Noll in 1969. I'd say that was a pretty significant decision in the history of this team.

Art was a lawyer in private practice for 20 years.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-21-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

The tuck rule is a joke. If Kraft tells Goodell he wants it back he'll re-instate it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Good job taking a thread about the tuck rule vote and hijacking it into more of your pro-Ben, anti-Art propaganda IN THE VERY FIRST RESPONSE. That has to be some kind of thread hijacking record...even spammers trying to sell cheap knockoff jerseys aren't so blatant.
    You are incorrect. The original poster mentioned Ben's style of play as the reason they voted for the tuck rule to stay. I responded, on topic that they were talking to Bray, and if they pick him, Ben would be gone, thus making this alleged reason for wanting the tuck rule to stay meaningless.

Apology accepted.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    even spammers trying to sell cheap knockoff jerseys aren't so blatant.
    So wait a minute... Is the Barry Sanders Steelers jersey I just bought authentic or no?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    So wait a minute... Is the Barry Sanders Steelers jersey I just bought authentic or no?
    oh, yes. that jersey is definitely real...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    I'm not. But their are rumors out there we will pick a QB in round 2.

If we do, he's the successor.
    What rumors, other than a very vague statement that the Steelers wouldn't rule anything out (the same statement they make every year)?

Legend

User Info Menu

There was a rumor that we were going to sign Jake Long. Drafting Ben's replacement in this draft? Chances of that are about the same, IMO.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-22-2013 at 08:14 AM.