Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers was the only team....

That voted to keep the tuck rule. Very surprised I guess it's because Ben style of play.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

They are interviewing Tyler Bray. If they pick him? Ben won't be he here in 2014 and explains why they didn't extend him now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    They are interviewing Tyler Bray. If they pick him? Ben won't be he here in 2014 and explains why they didn't extend him now.
    Plenty of teams interview plenty of QBs at this point. A developmental backup to pari with Gradkowski makes a lot of sense.

I think that you are reading too much into this situation. If I am going to extend Ben, I'm not going to do it at the same time a lesser QB in the division was just made the highest paid player in the league.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Plenty of teams interview plenty of QBs at this point. A developmental backup to pari with Gradkowski makes a lot of sense.

I think that you are reading too much into this situation. If I am going to extend Ben, I'm not going to do it at the same time a lesser QB in the division was just made the highest paid player in the league.
    I wouldn't extend Ben, period. Not now. Let him earn a super whopper contract by winning a SB like Flacco did. If he continues his "Bonehead Ben" play, where he lacks being clutch and losses games at the end instead of winning them (ala Dallas and Cinci games) then he doesn't deserve an Uber contract. Let's let it play out. If Ben keep playing like he is playing in an intramural football game for his frat, with a keg on the sidelines, then we don't even want him back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I wouldn't extend Ben, period. Not now. Let him earn a super whopper contract by winning a SB like Flacco did. If he continues his "Bonehead Ben" play, where he lacks being clutch and losses games at the end instead of winning them (ala Dallas and Cinci games) then he doesn't deserve an Uber contract. Let's let it play out. If Ben keep playing like he is playing in an intramural football game for his frat, with a keg on the sidelines, then we don't even want him back.
    No, you're the only one that thinks the Steelers are a better football team without Ben. The rest (except Crash) have a realistic opinion of Ben and that is that the Steelers need him for the next 5-6 years to have a chance at another Super Bowl. Crash loves Ben and pretty much only Ben and will defend him to the end of the earth and you think he stinks and doesn't have a clue about playing the position of quarterback. The rest on the board from what I can see have high regard for Ben, but can be critical of Ben when warranted. You and Crash are like the Yin and Yang of Ben Roethlisberger.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Good...

we need to start looking towards the future without Ben.... He won't be here forever and honestly, I think the chip on his shoulder a few years ago...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, Crash and how often were you convinced we were going to dump Ben in the past?
    Bray is no threat to Ben, you are so insecure about your hero.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes, Crash and how often were you convinced we were going to dump Ben in the past?
    Bray is no threat to Ben, you are so insecure about your hero.
    In the 2nd round? If he's picked in round 2 he's the successor. Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

In the 2nd round? If he's picked in round 2 he's the successor. Period.
    Why do you assume that he is picked in the second?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Why do you assume that he is picked in the second?
    I'm not. But their are rumors out there we will pick a QB in round 2.

If we do, he's the successor.