Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interviewing Bray doesn't reflect on how they feel about BB. Bray is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. They need top notch depth behind BB. It is about time. Bray is about 3 years away from starting. He might have the most arm strength of any QB in this draft but he has footwork & mechanic issues. He needs to read defenses better because he has alot of "Favre" gun slinger in him trying to squeeze things in with his arm. I watched Twitter close today at TN pro day. KC, Tomlin, & Haley were there with position coaches. They were all over Patterson, Hunter, & Bray. There is Tweets & pics all over Twitter. One could say they were grilling Bray about his WRs which would make sense. I would be excited if the Steelers got one of Patterson-Hunter & Bray.

Backup

User Info Menu

EJ Manuel doesn't play with Patterson. They spoke with him too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Interviewing Bray doesn't reflect on how they feel about BB. Bray is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. They need top notch depth behind BB. It is about time.
    $$$$$
    This board lit up with complaints about the quality of the backup QBs when Ben went down with injury...now we're going to have complaints about trying to draft and develop a quality backup?

I highly doubt the Steelers would spend anything higher than a third-round pick on a QB this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

bray is a bum.

hopefully they are there to look at the WRs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I wouldn't extend Ben, period. Not now. Let him earn a super whopper contract by winning a SB like Flacco did. If he continues his "Bonehead Ben" play, where he lacks being clutch and losses games at the end instead of winning them (ala Dallas and Cinci games) then he doesn't deserve an Uber contract. Let's let it play out. If Ben keep playing like he is playing in an intramural football game for his frat, with a keg on the sidelines, then we don't even want him back.
    No, you're the only one that thinks the Steelers are a better football team without Ben. The rest (except Crash) have a realistic opinion of Ben and that is that the Steelers need him for the next 5-6 years to have a chance at another Super Bowl. Crash loves Ben and pretty much only Ben and will defend him to the end of the earth and you think he stinks and doesn't have a clue about playing the position of quarterback. The rest on the board from what I can see have high regard for Ben, but can be critical of Ben when warranted. You and Crash are like the Yin and Yang of Ben Roethlisberger.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$
    This board lit up with complaints about the quality of the backup QBs when Ben went down with injury...now we're going to have complaints about trying to draft and develop a quality backup?

I highly doubt the Steelers would spend anything higher than a third-round pick on a QB this year.
    My bet is a 4th or 5th round pick. I'd keep an eye on:
    Zac Dysert, Miami (OH)
    Sean Renfree, Duke
    Brad Sorensen, S. Utah
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

No, you're the only one that thinks the Steelers are a better football team without Ben. The rest (except Crash) have a realistic opinion of Ben and that is that the Steelers need him for the next 5-6 years to have a chance at another Super Bowl.
    You obviously don't spend a lot of time in Pittsburgh.

Ben isn't as beloved there as you think he is.

Charlie Batch gets more respect.

From the fans.

From the media.

From his owners.

FACT!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

From the fans.

From the media.

From his owners.

FACT!
    Just plain wrong. Don't assume your hatred on Ben is common.

Anyone who has watched Steelers football more than a day know Ben is the best thing that has happened to this team in 25 years because many of us remember the "Dark Ages" after Bradshaw retired. A QB like Ben is even more important in today's NFL and the drop off in our team would be huge if we didn't have him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

From the fans.

From the media.

From his owners.

FACT!
    Yinzers aren't known to be grateful for great QBs; that's for sure.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just plain wrong. Don't assume your hatred on Ben is common.

Anyone who has watched Steelers football more than a day know Ben is the best thing that has happened to this team in 25 years because many of us remember the "Dark Ages" after Bradshaw retired. A QB like Ben is even more important in today's NFL and the drop off in our team would be huge if we didn't have him.
    The locals don't agree.

Neither does his lawyer owner.

Other than John Elway by Dan Reeves, I can't recall another HOF QB who gets treated with the blatant disrespect that Ben has received from this team.