Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeper first round pick: Terron Armstead

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What Shawn said!
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Any particular reason?
    With the 17th overall pick, I want someone with big-time production against big-time competition.

A workout warrior from a small school may have potential, but there is no way I risk a prime pick on that.

Once upon a time, we took a risk on a small school OT prospect named Jamain Stephens (granted, the uber-athletic Armstead is the polar opposite from the fat slob Stephens, but I still am not comfortable drafting what could be the OL version of Mike Mamula with my top pick). If Armstead becomes the next Duane Brown, then kudos to the guy who takes the risk in drafting him early, but that guy wouldn't be me. On Thursday and Friday of the draft, I want to know what I'm getting...on Saturday, I'd be willing to roll the dice on some high-upside projects, because then the risk would be worth it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.