Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-to-steelers-critics-see-you-in-the-fall-679961/[/url]

I guess all the talk is getting under his skin, maybe the players too I don't know. He should expect critics to voice their concern, it goes with the territory.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good. The Steelers were 8-8 last year, they could be looking at 4-12 this year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually believe if the Steelers stay healthy they are a 10-6, 11-5 team before the draft. Look what happened to the Colts after Manning got hurt. Ben carries this team, and as long as he is healthy the Steelers will win games.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin and his one liners.....
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Coach T is right. People fret and prognosticate all the time about what they think will happen, but the games are going to be played on the field. That is when the true measure of the team will be realized.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea, he can take his bravado and cram it. Big, tough guy's proclamation of "We are going to unleash hell" in 2009 ended up being a wet fart. Tomlin should save his tough guy words and show us with actions. This is what the press should be asking him.

"Coach Tomlin, observers have said that the team lacked unity and chemistry last year. What will you do to correct this?"

"There were real signs of lack of discipline on this team last year, such as players being too overweight and too many turnovers and penalties. What are you doing to correct this?"

"11 starters from last year are 30 or over. Some have already been cut or not resigned, such as Harrison, Hampton. What will you do to make this team younger while still fielding a winning team?"

I hope all the talk about how they stunk it up last year is irritating him and the entire team. I hope he is ready to knock his head into a wall. Since the media won't do their jobs, and ask the REAL questions that need asked (in fear of losing their perks), then it's up to the fans who live in de Burg to ask these legit questions if you see any of the coaches at the grocery store.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The standard is the standard people...I'll see you in the fall when I'm going to unleash hell! In the meantime, leave me alone while John and I reminisce on the season.....

tomlin harbaugh.jpg
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Coach T is right. People fret and prognosticate all the time about what they think will happen, but the games are going to be played on the field. That is when the true measure of the team will be realized.
    And last time they were playing the games on the field, they stunk it up. And we have only LOST talent since that time. They lost to Oakland, Cleveland, SD and TN - teams that pretty much any decent teams creamed. And with the season on the line, with needing just one win vs. the very mediocre Cinci and Dallas teams, they still failed to win either game, with Bonehead Ben throwing late, game-losing picks in both games.

Both Tomlin and Ben have lost their shine. Can they regain it? Perhaps. But there is no question they lost it - THAT is our most recent truth of the matter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Tomlin and his one liners.....
    Yea, I used to enjoy those 1-liners. Not anymore, since his bravado rhetoric has proved unreliable. Tomlin has failed one of the highest priorities: Don't beat yourself. Last year, they did. The untimely penalties and turnovers were just too much to overcome. That is on the head coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I actually believe if the Steelers stay healthy they are a 10-6, 11-5 team before the draft. Look what happened to the Colts after Manning got hurt. Ben carries this team, and as long as he is healthy the Steelers will win games.
    And, considering history and his playing style, you can count on Ben getting injured again this year. It would be a FLUKE for him NOT to go down. As he gets older, it's going to happen more frequently. And Ben's knuckle head attitude is that is the way he plays and he is not changing, which is kind of a moron attitude. Ben plays like he is on his frat intramural team with a keg on the sidelines. The self-proclaimed "crazy gunslinger." Super. Completely irresponsible. It's sad when fans care more about the team winning than does the frat boy QB.