Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-to-steelers-critics-see-you-in-the-fall-679961/[/url]

I guess all the talk is getting under his skin, maybe the players too I don't know. He should expect critics to voice their concern, it goes with the territory.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good. The Steelers were 8-8 last year, they could be looking at 4-12 this year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually believe if the Steelers stay healthy they are a 10-6, 11-5 team before the draft. Look what happened to the Colts after Manning got hurt. Ben carries this team, and as long as he is healthy the Steelers will win games.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I actually believe if the Steelers stay healthy they are a 10-6, 11-5 team before the draft. Look what happened to the Colts after Manning got hurt. Ben carries this team, and as long as he is healthy the Steelers will win games.
    And, considering history and his playing style, you can count on Ben getting injured again this year. It would be a FLUKE for him NOT to go down. As he gets older, it's going to happen more frequently. And Ben's knuckle head attitude is that is the way he plays and he is not changing, which is kind of a moron attitude. Ben plays like he is on his frat intramural team with a keg on the sidelines. The self-proclaimed "crazy gunslinger." Super. Completely irresponsible. It's sad when fans care more about the team winning than does the frat boy QB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It's good to see some optimism here, while they certainly have their challenges ahead a 10-6 or 11-5 record is in the ballpark.
    Team health especially on our O-line probably will play a pivitol role in 2013, as for Mike this coming season may be his toughest challenge and define him more as a coach.
    Keep in mind his winning percentage since he was named coach of the Steelers is impressive. I'm not going to make any assumptions at this point, all of us will have a better evaluation of the team in January.

Btw, Winning percentage of Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin:

Noll: 566 *4 SB WINS

Cowher: 623 1-1 SB RECORD

Tomlin: 656 1-1 SB RECORD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    It's good to see some optimism here, while they certainly have their challenges ahead a 10-6 or 11-5 record is in the ballpark.
    Team health especially on our O-line probably will play a pivitol role in 2013, as for Mike this coming season may be his toughest challenge and define him more as a coach.
    Keep in mind his winning percentage since he was named coach of the Steelers is impressive. I'm not going to make any assumptions at this point, all of us will have a better evaluation of the team in January.

Btw, Winning percentage of Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin:

Noll: 566 *4 SB WINS

Cowher: 623 1-1 SB RECORD

Tomlin: 656 1-1 SB RECORD
    Yea but some on this board will scream Cowerd players lmao.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    they have to scream because the ignorant people dont want to hear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

I believe him.

Here are some excerpts from this article:

"We're a team in transition, as we always are. Players are ascending, players are descending. We're acquiring players and losing players. I think that's part of this time of year.

"I acknowledge that we have a ways to go in a lot of areas," Tomlin said Tuesday at the AFC coaches breakfast at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, site of the NFL owners meetings. [a lot of local media writers were there also]

At the same time, he never backed off from telling media members at his table that the Steelers "were an 8-8 team and we're not going to hide from that." [curious to see if it was not necessary to hit print as plain text before pasting copied text]

At the same time, he never backed off from telling media members at his table that the Steelers "were an 8-8 team and we're not going to hide from that.

---Anyone who takes a look at the players signed on the current roster might just say the same thing. There is a significant core of very solid players already and how can it help but get even stronger. March talk yes! I'm ready now. Bring on the season.---

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    they have to scream because the ignorant people dont want to hear it.
    Cowher went 8-8 with Cowher's players...that's why people don't want to hear it...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    They were. Go through the entire list of starters.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.