Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm tired of Tomlins cocky talk and that's what it is, cocky. Chadman is right with, what is he supposed to say. Somewhere between confident and humble is how I believe he or any person that is in charge should act or project. Cowhers interviews wore thin with me too when he was on rag after losing or just being too big headed.`

Tomlin stats do not impress me. He was handed a Super Bowl team, a team that seen it all and all he had to do is not screw it up. I give Tomlin credit for winning a Super Bowl and making it to another. I can't say I believe Cowher could have accomplished the same if he remained.
    I don't know if it's Tomlins fault, Colberts fault, or successes fault that we seem to not have good players waiting to take the field in favor of the previous stars.

Tomlin does not impress me with having his team physically or mentally ready. Too many mental mistakes it seems along with too many injuries. Guys can't be in condition with all the injuries our players get. I also don't believe Tomlin has a grasp on what players he feels can best fit the team. Again, this could all be on the past success of team and not able to get higher draft picks. With this being said the Steelers should have traded away our number one's and two picks when we got guys like Hood and Heyward. Should have been letting go of guys like Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Kiesel and any of the old gold and possibly got one or two free agents.
    I also get the whole idea of, they won a Super Bowl for you before so myabe there's another one till left in them.

Let's see what 2013 looks like and 2014 for extra measure. I personally believe we will be lucky to make it to 8-8 in 2013. This brings me to another question. If we do strike out in 2013 and or 2014, will the Rooney's make changes ? If they do make changes where will it be ? Tomlin, Lebeau, Colbert ? Once Bens days are over, how big if any of a shake up could there be to the team and coaching staff ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Cowher was way more cocky than Tomlin has been. Not even close.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Cowher was way more cocky than Tomlin has been. Not even close.
    Maybe. But when Tomlin goes to his bravado mode, he is pretty embarrassing now that his proclamations have been FAIL lately. Unleash hell? Wait until the Fall? Look, I don't want a timid coach, but I would like one who let his actions speak and leave the cocky talk to the Rex Ryans of the world. Even Rex has pulled way back on the cocky talk, way back.

But I will say this: When Cowher was the HC, it was known throughout the facility that you were not to speak to him unless he spoke to you first.....really? That is beyond of the stuff of a megalomaniac. Cowher also got so pissy at press conf. when a reporter asked a legit question, and would often storm off like a child when asked the questions that were begging for answers. It's part of the job; answer the appropriate questions. You owe that to the fans. You are getting paid millions a year so answer the gad damn questions. I recall they asked him about Kirkland being seemingly just too fat to do his best job, and Cowher fumed, "Levon Kirkland is not the problem on this team." Well, excuse me, he was 60 pounds overweight (even for him) and he can no longer move to make plays, so he was ONE of the problems with the team.

Backup

User Info Menu

Oh really? Rex is already babbling this week how the league needs to worry about his team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did Mike say he's about to "unleash hell"?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    In 2009 we were 6-2 and didn't make the playoffs. Did that team have no discipline or chemistry or did they magically find it the following year when they went to the SB? I'm just trying to understand your, what do you call it, "logic"?
    Actually, they did lack chemistry in 2009, the after a SB win. SB champs often lack the drive and togetherness after a SB win. It's extremely difficult to keep the same mojo going after a SB win, as we have seen twice in recent years. Willie Parker even made mention of this following the 2005 SB, and how the players had each others' backs in 2005 but not in 2006. What, is this news to you? How many SB winning team repeat in the modern era? It's only happened three times since all of the 90s and 2,000s (Dallas, Denver, Pats).

Players have come out and admitted the Steelers had no chemistry; do you know more than the guys in the locker room?

Backup

User Info Menu

No they didn't. They lacked the ability to play defense in the 4th quarter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    It's good to see some optimism here, while they certainly have their challenges ahead a 10-6 or 11-5 record is in the ballpark.
    Team health especially on our O-line probably will play a pivitol role in 2013, as for Mike this coming season may be his toughest challenge and define him more as a coach.
    Keep in mind his winning percentage since he was named coach of the Steelers is impressive. I'm not going to make any assumptions at this point, all of us will have a better evaluation of the team in January.

Btw, Winning percentage of Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin:

Noll: 566 *4 SB WINS

Cowher: 623 1-1 SB RECORD

Tomlin: 656 1-1 SB RECORD
    Yea but some on this board will scream Cowerd players lmao.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I forgot about Cowhers little hissy fits he used to have. I'm not sure I was aware that Cowher did the don't talk to me attitiude. Maybe that's where Ben got it from lol ? Do we really know what goes on behind the scenes ? You might have some stupid janitor or security guard that chatters away to these guys day after day and then one day the coach or player doesn't respond as friendly as an individual would like and all of a sudden, they're a horrible person.

Despite what I think of Tomlins interviews, or what he lacks as a coach or how he shines as a coach, I'd feel more comfortable around him than I would Cowher. Tomlin seems more down to earth than Cowher. I dated a girl back in the day that was next door neighbors with Chuck Noll. She said he and his wife are vey nice, they also go to the same church and all that. I was actually surprised because I expected her to say Chuck kept to himself, didn't talk, didn't smile or jumped in an out of the car before any hello's or goodbye's.
    Just goes to show as a fan/fans we really don't know these people to make character judgement. However, Warren Sapps, Ray Lewis, Bill Bellicheat are still horrible pricks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Oh really? Rex is already babbling this week how the league needs to worry about his team.
    Maybe, but that's way toned down compared to his, "This team will win the Super Bow. I am not afraid to say it. I believe we will."