Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers' fan base is spoiled. That is not new news. It's just the way it is. Perhaps that unyielding expectation for success keeps the owners and coaches on a hot seat which leads to more winning. I don't mind that the fans are spoiled at all. It sure beats the opposite (i.e. complacent fans who endlessly support losing and losing is all they get).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The Steelers' fan base is spoiled. That is not new news. It's just the way it is. Perhaps that unyielding expectation for success keeps the owners and coaches on a hot seat which leads to more winning. I don't mind that the fans are spoiled at all. It sure beats the opposite (i.e. complacent fans who endlessly support losing and losing is all they get).

Nice point of view and I believe it to be correct.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin's on the hot seat only because he was never II's guy.

If Art had HIS way, Russ Grimm would have replaced Cowher.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

Maybe it turns out it was better that Art didn't have his way. I didn't see any team knocking on his door to be a head coach, of course being in AZ doesn't help much.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Maybe it turns out it was better that Art didn't have his way. I didn't see any team knocking on his door to be a head coach, of course being in AZ doesn't help much.
    not sure if it really mattered who they brought in as long as they were told to let the dc and oc run things and stay out of the way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to see some proof of that. I find it really hard to believe.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'd like to see some proof of that. I find it really hard to believe.
    The rumor is Art II picked Grimm. He told Grimm he was getting the job and they began to discuss contract terms (Art's "version" is they were discussing terms and offers with BOTH Grimm and Tomlin and told Grimm nothing was "official") with him.

Grimm then tells his drinking buddy Mike Prisuta, who reported Grimm was the guy in the Trib.

Dan, feeling pressure from the NFL because of the Rooney Rule, overruled Art and picked Tomlin.

Which, if true, shows once again how silly, and unqualified Art II is in making football decisions.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-21-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The rumor is Art II picked Grimm. He told Grimm he was getting the job and they began to discuss contract terms (Art's "version" is they were discussing terms and offers with BOTH Grimm and Tomlin and told Grimm nothing was "official") with him.

Grimm then tells his drinking buddy Mike Prisuta, who reported Grimm was the guy in the Trib.

Dan, feeling pressure from the NFL because of the Rooney Rule, overruled Art and picked Tomlin.

Which, if true, shows once again how silly, and unqualified Art II is in making football decisions.
    Well, once again you try and pass off a rumor as the truth. The fact is you don't know anything about what went on behind closed doors. Even if true to me it makes Dan look like an arse bowing to pressure and not hiring who he thought was most qualified.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Well, once again you try and pass off a rumor as the truth. The fact is you don't know anything about what went on behind closed doors. Even if true to me it makes Dan look like an arse bowing to pressure and not hiring who he thought was most qualified.
    We don't know who Dan thought was most qualified. We do know that Art wanted Grimm, Art ADMITTED they offered Grimm the job and were discussing contract with him. Prisuta for YEARS, has been one of the most connected guys in the city as far as the Steelers are concerned. I don't think he would have reported it if his info wasn't solid.

Clark Judge of CBS Sports, who has no dog in that fight, also said he was told by THREE SOURCES close to the team that Grimm was offered, and then the offer was rescinded.

All I know, is that since Art began sticking his nose in the football decisions, that coaching issues/hires have become one giant mess.

First Tomlin/Grimm, and then Arians/Haley.

He needs to step back, and realize what he is: A lawyer.

Art's not a football man. And unless he realizes this? This team will be in serious trouble.