Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Backup

User Info Menu

We went 12-4 and the owner f'd things up.

And if they go 8-8 again? I can see him firing MT and promoting Haley.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 03-20-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have no complaints on either coach from Noll to Tomlin.
    The Steelers are only 1 of three teams in history that won Superbowl's with three different coaches, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys.

To have that kind of history is special. Every coach has their faults, but from what I seen since the 70's until now we are truly blessed as fans to be a part of that history. We are critical as fans about our team when things don't pan out like we are use to, but trust me fans of some other teams would love to have an organization like us from the FO down to the coaches.

We see coaches come and go from other organizations, with the Steelers its different because the owners have patience and that leads to stability. Even the best coaches fail sometimes in their career, we seen it when Noll was replaced with Cowher and we might see it with Tomlin someday. For now though, I'm good with Mike Tomlin. Getting the hook out to soon can haunt a team, just ask the Cleveland Browns who change coaches too often and the results don't accomplish anything.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    cry me a river...

we finally go 8-8 and it's all over now. Move the team...lol.

geez... where am I? Cleveland?
    No, they're grateful for their football team in Cleveland regardless of how lousy they are. They have infinitely more fortitude than half the Steelers fan base.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

Unlike most of you, I actually will wait until the fall to judge the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What if Tomlin isn't a better coach than Cowher when it's all said in done. What then? I'm having a hard time understanding the bitching and moaning going on in here. We tanked after going 6-3 with a slew of injuries... if we were healthy it would be a concern but from time to time we go 8-8 or God forbid 7-9.

All Tomlin said was see us in the fall when actual football is being played....
    when all is said and done, tomlin might end up have a better winning percentage than cowher. so what?
    what if he doesnt, so what?
    my perception is that tomlin has this team headed in the wrong direction right now. i believe he inherited a great team but now he has to rely on his own laurels. and it isnt going well. i have plenty of reasons to think this way. you might be the type of fan that says 'oh well, at least we are not the browns', where i am the type of fan that volices my displeasue when i think the team underachieved.
    who's right, who's wrong? who knows?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Well that would be too logical.

Maybe they should just fire the entire coaching staff, sell the team and move it to LA. Then maybe some people would be happy. Sheesh.

Backup

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind if the Rooney's sold as long as it gets Art II out of the way.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    when all is said and done, tomlin might end up have a better winning percentage than cowher. so what?
    what if he doesnt, so what?
    my perception is that tomlin has this team headed in the wrong direction right now. i believe he inherited a great team but now he has to rely on his own laurels. and it isnt going well. i have plenty of reasons to think this way. you might be the type of fan that says 'oh well, at least we are not the browns', where i am the type of fan that volices my displeasue when i think the team underachieved.
    who's right, who's wrong? who knows?
    How'd you feel about Bill Cowher after the 1999 season? And did he not inherit a lot of good players from Chuck Noll's final years?

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Well that would be too logical.

Maybe they should just fire the entire coaching staff, sell the team and move it to LA. Then maybe some people would be happy. Sheesh.
    I hate to say it, but now I see where a lot of non-Steeler fans come from. We have to be one of the most ungrateful fan bases in the NFL.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree. i criticized cowher for alot of things. the problem with these tomlin lovers is anytime you criticize the guy, rightaway they mention cowher. we're not talking about cowhers F ups, we're talking about tomlins F' ups
    Then you can't bring "Cowher's players" into it...

As soon as someone mentions "Tomlin winning a SB with Cowher's players", that person brings Cowher into the discussion...

You can't have it both ways....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Right there with ya. Bunch of over-reactionary doom and gloom cryers 'round these parts...
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>