Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin To Steelers Critics See Us In The Fall Not In March

Legend

User Info Menu

cry me a river...

we finally go 8-8 and it's all over now. Move the team...lol.

geez... where am I? Cleveland?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I actually believe if the Steelers stay healthy they are a 10-6, 11-5 team before the draft. Look what happened to the Colts after Manning got hurt. Ben carries this team, and as long as he is healthy the Steelers will win games.
    It's good to see some optimism here, while they certainly have their challenges ahead a 10-6 or 11-5 record is in the ballpark.
    Team health especially on our O-line probably will play a pivitol role in 2013, as for Mike this coming season may be his toughest challenge and define him more as a coach.
    Keep in mind his winning percentage since he was named coach of the Steelers is impressive. I'm not going to make any assumptions at this point, all of us will have a better evaluation of the team in January.

Btw, Winning percentage of Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin:

Noll: 566 *4 SB WINS

Cowher: 623 1-1 SB RECORD

Tomlin: 656 1-1 SB RECORD

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    cry me a river...

we finally go 8-8 and it's all over now. Move the team...lol.

geez... where am I? Cleveland?
    Your analogy is WAY, WAY off. Browns fans don't despair easily; they do the exact opposite. No matter how many losing seasons they have, the fans still sell out every game and think every season is the season things will turn around. Ig Pgh had any where near as much losing going on, fans would stop showing up. Even with one down season, they can't even give tickets away. Yes, the games are technically sold out, but fans stop coming. And that is just with one down season.

And to be fair, it wasn't "JUST" and 8-8 season. They were a 6-3 team, and a 6-3 team should always make the play offs. They failed to do that. They collapsed. They had no discipline or team chemistry, regardless if Ben is in denial or not.

Backup

User Info Menu

Team chemistry doesn't win games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Your analogy is WAY, WAY off. Browns fans don't despair easily; they do the exact opposite. No matter how many losing seasons they have, the fans still sell out every game and think every season is the season things will turn around. Ig Pgh had any where near as much losing going on, fans would stop showing up. Even with one down season, they can't even give tickets away. Yes, the games are technically sold out, but fans stop coming. And that is just with one down season.

And to be fair, it wasn't "JUST" and 8-8 season. They were a 6-3 team, and a 6-3 team should always make the play offs. They failed to do that. They collapsed. They had no discipline or team chemistry, regardless if Ben is in denial or not.
    In 2009 we were 6-2 and didn't make the playoffs. Did that team have no discipline or chemistry or did they magically find it the following year when they went to the SB? I'm just trying to understand your, what do you call it, "logic"?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea, I used to enjoy those 1-liners. Not anymore, since his bravado rhetoric has proved unreliable. Tomlin has failed one of the highest priorities: Don't beat yourself. Last year, they did. The untimely penalties and turnovers were just too much to overcome. That is on the head coach.
    dont feel bad, at least you've finally smartened up. there are still plenty of fans today that still get all tingly when tomlin throws out his assinine cliches. look at the lemmings that use the term 'splash plays'. i mean seriously ..............lol

Legend

User Info Menu

I understand and agree with Tomlin's point - offseason champions are rarely regular season champions. However, the one-liners and tough talk ring hollow. Hopefully the Steelers aren't unleashing hell when they are revisited in the fall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would we have been happier if Tomlin had said "Holy moly- we're screwed!"?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin must stand up for his team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I always find how these things are written rather humorous. They act like Tomlin sat there, started tapping his juice glass with his fork like he was ready to give a speech, stood up, and said 'See us in the fall, not in the Spring'. Where is the content that this was said? Who asked him what? The media are a bunch of douchebags. I can't imagine being famous and having those leeches jamming microphones in your face a dozen at a time.

I honestly wish things were like they were 40 years ago where I didn't know every single detail about every facet of famous people's lives. I'm not old enough to have experienced living in a time when cool assed people like James Dean or The Rat Pack or Babe Ruth or any people like that were in their heyday...but if the media back then was like it is now, those guys would of been ripped apart for drinking, womanizing, drug use, etc.
    @_Hellgrammite