Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Jason Worlids next man up

  1. #21
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,304
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    James Harrison did.
    He expected to be better and was. I hope Worilds expects to be better than Harrison and is.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    James Harrison did.
    And Worilds expects to be James Harrison.



  3. #23
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    And Worilds expects to be James Harrison.
    Does he?? The Steelers fortune would be incredibly good if he ends up that good. Even if he is "only" as good as Porter was, that's still really good.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Does he?? The Steelers fortune would be incredibly good if he ends up that good. Even if he is "only" as good as Porter was, that's still really good.
    Let's hope! I'm using BradshawsHairdresser crystal ball & being sarcastic. The point is nobody knows what's on the bench until it is your turn to eat. Harrison sat behind Porter...Worilds sat behind Harrison.



  5. #25
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    If Worilds is moved to Woodley's side he'll get 10 sacks.

    If the Steelers bring Harrison back after interest has waned? Worilds should be cut.

  6. #26
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If Worilds is moved to Woodley's side he'll get 10 sacks.

    If the Steelers bring Harrison back after interest has waned? Worilds should be cut.

    Solid: You're projecting a guy to have to ten sacks, and you would consider cutting that guy?

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Solid: You're projecting a guy to have to ten sacks, and you would consider cutting that guy?
    Pretty sure his intent is that if the Steelers feel like they NEED Harrison back and play him in front of Worilds, that Worilds should be cut...meaning, the Steelers don't trust Worilds enough to play him, so cut him.
    @_Hellgrammite

  8. #28
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Pretty sure his intent is that if the Steelers feel like they NEED Harrison back and play him in front of Worilds, that Worilds should be cut...meaning, the Steelers don't trust Worilds enough to play him, so cut him.
    See class? Some around here can use their brains.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Let's hope! I'm using BradshawsHairdresser crystal ball & being sarcastic. The point is nobody knows what's on the bench until it is your turn to eat. Harrison sat behind Porter...Worilds sat behind Harrison.
    Here is a fact:

    James Harrison had less of an impact on the field prior to taking over for Joey Porter than Worilds does for taking over for James Harrison.

    Harrison - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...314/index.html

    Worilds - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...027/index.html

    Harrison was also 3 years older when he took over the starting spot. I'm pretty comfortable with Worilds abilities. But I'm not super comfortable with his ability to stay healthy.

    That is why we should sign Victor Butler.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It took Harrison like 6-7 years, but everyone wants to forget that and expect immediate Pro Bowl status out of young player or they can't play. Get them on the field and they will either get better or we will know they can't and go to next man up.
    That's the problem. This team is FAIL in terms of getting younger defenders on the field, and I am so sick of it I want to barf, right on Dick's sneakers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •