Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons why losing K Lewis is not a bad thing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

5 reasons why losing K Lewis is not a bad thing.

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/18/4118234/steelers-free-agency-losses-keenan-lewis-cornerback-depth-cortez-allen-starter[/url]
    I really don't see what the panic is about myself.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I do... Allen played well down the stretch but who was it against? Dallas? Cleveland? Ciny?

We wait a long time to see a CB develop and as soon as it looks like he arrived we let him go? I don't like this move

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I do... Allen played well down the stretch but who was it against? Dallas? Cleveland? Ciny?

We wait a long time to see a CB develop and as soon as it looks like he arrived we let him go? I don't like this move
    Romo threw the ball for the third most yards in the league last year. They also had one of the top 1-2 combos in the NFL at WR, especially by year end.

Meither Dalton nor Weeden were top QBs, but they did have middle of the road numbers, and Dalton throws to one of the best WRs out there now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Romo threw the ball for the third most yards in the league last year. They also had one of the top 1-2 combos in the NFL at WR, especially by year end.

Meither Dalton nor Weeden were top QBs, but they did have middle of the road numbers, and Dalton throws to one of the best WRs out there now.
    Romo also throws a bunch of WTF passes every game. Weeden sucks and Dalton throws to one guy only. Not sure if Allen was even covering him that game.

Backup

User Info Menu

If Lewis isn't as good as Allen why was Lewis starting over him?

He they made a mistake, or LeBeau is senile.

Take your pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

Take your pick.
    Allen is not as good as Lewis right now, or he would have been starting. I do think he has more upside and is cheaper. Given the option to keep one, I keep Allen. With that said, at this point in Taylors career, he is the least valuable of the three.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Perhaps the same reason Lewis wasn't able to beat out Willie Gay?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Take your pick.
    I have mentioned this before. Coming out of camp Lewis was seen as better then Allen. After some play by Allen and then being the #? after Ike went down he was seen as better then Lewis.

Now will Allen continue to be better then Lewis? I hope so. I wish the Steelers would have signed Lewis. But we all will have to see how it works out. I think somewhere in the draft there is a CB the steelers want.

Neither Mcfadden or Gay worked out well ENOUGH for the cards as far as I can tell looking at there stats, after they left the Steelers. Mcfadden did ok for 2010 coming back to the Steelers. Not much in 2011 looking at the stats. Hope Gay works out well. Maybe Gay is a great fit in the Lebeau system? But would have figured Horton's system would have been close enough. How did Gay play for the Cards on tape? His stats look about the same as with the steelers. How will Lewis do? We will see.

At this point it is like the draft. Need a season or a few to see how the players work out.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 03-18-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

1. Jack Daniels

2. Meth

3. Weed

4. Crack

5. Scotch

Rookie

User Info Menu

It may be a bad thing, as I would prefer to have signed him, but it is hardly a tremendous loss...