Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: 5 reasons why losing K Lewis is not a bad thing.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If Lewis isn't as good as Allen why was Lewis starting over him?
    Perhaps the same reason Lewis wasn't able to beat out Willie Gay?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If Lewis isn't as good as Allen why was Lewis starting over him?

    He they made a mistake, or LeBeau is senile.

    Take your pick.
    I have mentioned this before. Coming out of camp Lewis was seen as better then Allen. After some play by Allen and then being the #? after Ike went down he was seen as better then Lewis.

    Now will Allen continue to be better then Lewis? I hope so. I wish the Steelers would have signed Lewis. But we all will have to see how it works out. I think somewhere in the draft there is a CB the steelers want.

    Neither Mcfadden or Gay worked out well ENOUGH for the cards as far as I can tell looking at there stats, after they left the Steelers. Mcfadden did ok for 2010 coming back to the Steelers. Not much in 2011 looking at the stats. Hope Gay works out well. Maybe Gay is a great fit in the Lebeau system? But would have figured Horton's system would have been close enough. How did Gay play for the Cards on tape? His stats look about the same as with the steelers. How will Lewis do? We will see.

    At this point it is like the draft. Need a season or a few to see how the players work out.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 03-18-2013 at 05:17 PM.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Develop a young talent, then let him go.
    That is the by product of the "LeBeau Way"---sit and watch for 2-3 years and play for one. The difference this year is our cap situation is so bad that we have no ability to keep our one year starter. If we had Lewis playing earlier maybe we would have had the info to get another player in or determine whether he was a long term solution.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is the by product of the "LeBeau Way"---sit and watch for 2-3 years and play for one. The difference this year is our cap situation is so bad that we have no ability to keep our one year starter. If we had Lewis playing earlier maybe we would have had the info to get another player in or determine whether he was a long term solution.
    Allen has logged significant playing time since he was a rookie, despite the fact that he was considered very raw when drafted. Lewis was given an opportunity early, but he failed to capitalize. He had the horrific game with Denver where he had the temper tantrum and he was unable to beat out Gay. Some players develop more quickly than others.

    Besides, as you were saying in the Harrison thread, perhaps the Steelers know what they have in these guys when they make decisions.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is the by product of the "LeBeau Way"---sit and watch for 2-3 years and play for one. The difference this year is our cap situation is so bad that we have no ability to keep our one year starter. If we had Lewis playing earlier maybe we would have had the info to get another player in or determine whether he was a long term solution.
    So you are saying we should have been starting Brown? Really? Let's just put rookies on the field just because they are rookies. That would be the "Oviedo Way". I don't think that would be very successful.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  6. #26
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Perhaps the same reason Lewis wasn't able to beat out Willie Gay?
    Or maybe Dick LeBeau, as is his trademark, won't play a younger player over his prized veterans.

  7. #27
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    So you are saying we should have been starting Brown? Really? Let's just put rookies on the field just because they are rookies. That would be the "Oviedo Way". I don't think that would be very successful.
    Worked for Dom Capers in Pittsburgh.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We have a season or two to worry about it... It's not that big of a deal...
    By then Lake will have Van Dyke ready to go.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,608
    Keenan Lewis exceeded every expectation I had for him after watching him his 1st two seasons.

    BUT the guy isn't "Special" by any means ... the guy is replaceable.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Or maybe Dick LeBeau, as is his trademark, won't play a younger player over his prized veterans.
    That being the case, then you have answered your own question about why Lewis started over Cortez Allen....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •