Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Long

Legend

User Info Menu

There's another former 1st round LT on the market with zero interest at the moment.

With no interest, you'd have to assume he'd come cheap. Worth taking a flyer on a former 1st round LT that hasn't panned out?

Eben Britton, anyone?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

And it's what I have been trying to tell you guys since we drafted Adams. He doesn't have it. And if you have him protecting Ben's blindside, you had better draft a QB to replace him. If you have him on his right, be prepared for years of poor pass protection, but at least Ben can see it coming. He lacks heart. He is sloppy and soft. I don't think Gilbert is much better.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Starks to save the day again ?

I'm shocked the Steelers even made a play for Jake Long. That would have been a great signing. I have to wonder what the "play" was? Were they even close to offering him the type of money that the Rams offered?

If so, how can anyone discount the remote possibility of a Revis / Ike Taylor trade?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Starks to save the day again ?

I'm shocked the Steelers even made a play for Jake Long. That would have been a great signing. I have to wonder what the "play" was? Were they even close to offering him the type of money that the Rams offered?

If so, how can anyone discount the remote possibility of a Revis / Ike Taylor trade?
    It would have been a great signing. It's why I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers draft at LT in the first round this year. Let Gilbert beat out Adams for RT. Not sure why the Steelers seem to hate Starks. Starks is an above average LT.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

This is how I figure #Steelers interest in Jake Long went:

Colbert: How about 2yr, 5M.

Long: No.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    At the end of the day, what are the odds we bring back Max again?
    Noone else is signing him so it might just happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this, but according to Schefter, the Steelers made an effort to get Jake Long.

Most of the remaining guys on the tackle market appear to be RTs, so I'm not sure if the Steelers would make a play for one of these guys (with Adams/Gilbert to compete at LT) or if their interest was just in an elite LT like Long. Here is the list:

[url]http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013OT.php[/url]

If Schefter's report is true, then perhaps the Steelers reported interest in Dumervil is legit.
    It's all nonsense and trickery. They send out these rumors, trying to make it look like they are actively pursuing top players; it's all a charade. They knew they had zero chance of signing Long or Dumervil. Oh, and in case Pgh doesn't realize it; no one thinks playing for the Steelers gives you a shot at a ring. They are delusional if they think they will get players to sign with that PAST factor being in play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

This is how I figure #Steelers interest in Jake Long went:

Colbert: How about 2yr, 5M.

Long: No.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Exactly, just like that. IF that.

Backup

User Info Menu

Kaboly's still butt hurt they sent his boy Kemo on his way.

Starter

User Info Menu

Is next year the year we can reunite the Pouncey brothers? I think I'd rather have that than the Long brothers.