Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF we lose Sanders

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

IF we lose Sanders

Obviously we would need a replacement maybe two with him leaving and Wallace gone too.
    I'm thinking if Sanders does bolt Cotchery may move up to his spot with Plax being our third receiver.
    There is a good chance we might lose Sanders even if N.E. doesn't sign him, I hear the Cards and Colts may go after him we should hear something this week either way

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see it happening. How often do you see players available via RFA, yet they are never offered a contract. I don't think that Manny Sanders is such a special player that he is the one that breaks the trend.

A team will have to both overpay for him and give up a draft pick. Not likely.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like Sanders to stay. I want to see what he could do as a starter. If he does leave, I would expect the Steelers to look at a FA and also draft 1 or two. I would feel better with the Pats 3rd and Heyward Bey than I would with just the Pats 3rd going into the draft. Then I draft 1 WR in the 1-4 range and it may be a parallel move at min with the potential to work out in our favor.

Backup

User Info Menu

WR depth doesn't matter when we will have 5 TE's on the roster to block all year.

For most of the year we only dressed 4 WRs a game. Haley's system here doesn't need WRs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    WR depth doesn't matter when we will have 5 TE's on the roster to block all year.

For most of the year we only dressed 4 WRs a game. Haley's system here doesn't need WRs.
    Are you Bruce Arians? Do you realize that our leading receiver last year was our TE? They catch passes too and in many cases create tougher match ups than WRs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does anybody remember back in Sanders rookie year he seemed to be Ben's favorite receiver? That only stopped because he got hurt ... which has been Sanders problem. If he stay's healthy he is a good receiver, one which I would like to stay on the team.

... and drafting an Eifert or an Ertz can only help this team.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Forcing Plax to play might not be a bad thing. We'd finally have a target for Ben in the redzone. Plax could end up scoring more TDs that Wally.

Now the problem might be between the 20s.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

at this point, I would rather have the pick.

you can probably get 80% of sanders production from cotchery. Plus you gain the 1.3 million in cap space as well as the 3rd rounder.

seems like a no brainer if I'm the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    at this point, I would rather have the pick.

you can probably get 80% of sanders production from cotchery. Plus you gain the 1.3 million in cap space as well as the 3rd rounder.

seems like a no brainer if I'm the steelers.
    I agree, Steelers won't match an offer for Sanders.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Are you Bruce Arians? Do you realize that our leading receiver last year was our TE? They catch passes too and in many cases create tougher match ups than WRs.
    And we went 8-8.

If a TE is the leading receiver in 2013? We will not make the playoffs.