Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF we lose Sanders

Rookie

User Info Menu

Then the WRs had better catch the ball and hold onto it...

Backup

User Info Menu

Keep the offense out of predictable situations then.

Haley's a joke. He proved it.

And like I said 2 days ago, if what I was told is anything close to the truth? This team is in serious trouble.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

And like I said 2 days ago, if what I was told is anything close to the truth? This team is in serious trouble.
    Uh-oh...what were you told?

Hopefully, it isn't that Ben has been accused of sexual misdeed again...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Losing Sanders may be have an adverse effect on our offense if you consider everthing that is involved.
    For example, opposing teams defense will put extra coverage on Brown trying to negate his impact and he's our best receiver now. That leaves Plax and Cotchery to move the chains when we pass to our receivers.

last season Wallace often took on extra coverage leaving Brown and Sanders open for more plays, with both Wallace & Sanders gone and Brown drawing extra coverage you think it weakens our offense?
    We have to make that up somewhere either with a strong running attack or utilizing the TE's more, as it is now we have neither a strong run game or a playmaker TE without Heath in the lineup.

Im sorry but I can't see our offense being more productive with losing Sanders, yeah, a third round pick would be nice but which draft pick could be good enough to be the difference maker in this situation in the receiving department?
    Would the tradeoff be worth it?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Uh-oh...what were you told?

Hopefully, it isn't that Ben has been accused of sexual misdeed again...
    No, no off the field issue with anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Losing Sanders may be have an adverse effect on our offense if you consider everthing that is involved.
    For example, opposing teams defense will put extra coverage on Brown trying to negate his impact and he's our best receiver now. That leaves Plax and Cotchery to move the chains when we pass to our receivers.

last season Wallace often took on extra coverage leaving Brown and Sanders open for more plays, with both Wallace & Sanders gone and Brown drawing extra coverage you think it weakens our offense?
    We have to make that up somewhere either with a strong running attack or utilizing the TE's more, as it is now we have neither a strong run game or a playmaker TE without Heath in the lineup.

Im sorry but I can't see our offense being more productive with losing Sanders, yeah, a third round pick would be nice but which draft pick could be good enough to be the difference maker in this situation in the receiving department?
    Would the tradeoff be worth it?
    Got to agree with your concern on this one. We lost Wallace, and may not have Heath back for a good portion of the season. If we lose Sanders, too, that will bring a whole lot of changeover for this offense...maybe too much. By the time everything begins to come together, we could be out of playoff contention again. We've got to be able to put points on the board to win...we can't be satisfied with striving to put up 20 or 23 per game.

I hope we find a way to keep Sanders, at least for this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

With no offer sheet being signed, it looks like Sanders will be back this year, but I'm not sure that having him back is a great thing. He doesn't seem to be a long term solution.

When paired with Wallace last year while Brown was out, Sanders did not produce much to show he could be a #2. Now, without Wallace as a deep threat, does Sanders scare anybody? I think the Steelers could be better served by the extra third round pick, drafting a WR high and adding a Breaston or Lloyd level FA this year.