Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The only thing that is a head scratcher is Lewis

Starter

User Info Menu

thanks for the feedback....just have to let this one go and have the "in the front office I trust" attitude on this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know it may shock a few people, but it is also quite possible Lewis didn't value playing for the Steelers as high as he did for the chance to play for his home team. Sometimes, it isnt about the money. Case in point, look at Wes Welker. Offered more money by NE but opted to leave. sure, there is probably some contract that would keep them in place, but it may be far beyond what is reasonable for the situation.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I know it may shock a few people, but it is also quite possible Lewis didn't value playing for the Steelers as high as he did for the chance to play for his home team. Sometimes, it isnt about the money. Case in point, look at Wes Welker. Offered more money by NE but opted to leave. sure, there is probably some contract that would keep them in place, but it may be far beyond what is reasonable for the situation.
    Why doesn't some of the bum Pittsburgh media ask Colber & Tomlin that exact question:

Did you make Lewis a comparable contract offer to stay in Pittsburgh?

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I thought that the Pats lost Welker over $2 million...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Why doesn't some of the bum Pittsburgh media ask Colber & Tomlin that exact question:

Did you make Lewis a comparable contract offer to stay in Pittsburgh?

Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Thought it was already published somewhere that the Steelers made Lewis no offer at all?

Legend

User Info Menu

Guess the info came from Lewis' twitter feed...so according to Lewis, the Steelers made no offer.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1568838-apparently-keenan-lewis-wasnt-in-the-steelers-free-agency-plans-after-all[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Then shame on the Steelers FO because that makes zero sense.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Then shame on the Steelers FO because that makes zero sense.
    On the surface it makes no sense, but it obviously does to those on the inside. The one thing I will say is that if they wanted to make a play for him, they could have at that money.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was on the Keenan Lewis priority #1 bandwagon coming into free agency (even if it meant we had to sacrifice someone like Ike Taylor to make it happen), but if the Steelers legitimately made zero effort to re-sign this guy, then it must have been a locker room issue (after all, he did spend a decent amount of his early Steelers career residing in le Chateau du Chien). Think about it...the Steelers never let young talent leave unless there is some mitigating off the field circumstance (like young Plaxico and young Santonio). The Steelers let the young and talented Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall walk out the door with zero compensation, not because of their play on the field, but rather their attitude off of it. We are trying to build a championship TEAM, and are therefore eliminating guys who seem to be more wrapped up in individual accomplishments over the best interests of the team as a whole. Keenan Lewis was Mike Wallace's best friend since they were elementary school kids in Louisiana. Even though those guys' talents could help us on the field, if their attitudes are tearing apart what used to be a cohesive unit in the locker room, then the team decided to rid themselves of those types of issues going forward.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was on the Keenan Lewis priority #1 bandwagon coming into free agency (even if it meant we had to sacrifice someone like Ike Taylor to make it happen), but if the Steelers legitimately made zero effort to re-sign this guy, then it must have been a locker room issue (after all, he did spend a decent amount of his early Steelers career residing in le Chateau du Chien). Think about it...the Steelers never let young talent leave unless there is some mitigating off the field circumstance (like young Plaxico and young Santonio). The Steelers let the young and talented Mike Wallace and Rashard Mendenhall walk out the door with zero compensation, not because of their play on the field, but rather their attitude off of it. We are trying to build a championship TEAM, and are therefore eliminating guys who seem to be more wrapped up in individual accomplishments over the best interests of the team as a whole. Keenan Lewis was Mike Wallace's best friend since they were elementary school kids in Louisiana. Even though those guys' talents could help us on the field, if their attitudes are tearing apart what used to be a cohesive unit in the locker room, then the team decided to rid themselves of those types of issues going forward.
    This, I agree with. It is the only explanation to why the team has not commented and no offers were made. This is fine with me. Gotta clean up bad attitude before they can put together another winner.