Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The only thing that is a head scratcher is Lewis

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I tend to agree that there's more to the Lewis story than we really know. If the Steelers really wanted him, they would've gotten it done.... last year or this year.

Even with all our losses, I still think that Defense will be the least of our worries this season. We need to get a lot more efficient scoring points on offense. And IMO, there's nothing more important needed than a healthy and effective Offensive Line for us to accomplish that.
    I think it is simple. They see Cortez Allen and Ike Taylor as being a better combination. Plus they are trying to get control of the cap so when guys like Pouncey need signed the money isn't all tied up on the defensive side of the football.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think we should forget, but there are two ways to defend the passing game in the NFL. Having top tier CBs is only one way (and I might argue it is the more expensive route). The other is to have a relentless pass rush. This may be what the Steelers will focus on for the future.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis benefited from the Steelers type of Defense.
    I really think CORTEZ ALLEN has a greater upside and I really don't expect Keenan Lewis to be all pro in the New Orleans.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Keenan Lewis benefited from the Steelers type of Defense.
    I really think CORTEZ ALLEN has a greater upside and I really don't expect Keenan Lewis to be all pro in the New Orleans.
    If that were the case, then you would see DBs excel in this D. Historically speaking that isn't the case. While I agree Allen has more upside than Lewis. At this point, Lewis has more upside than Taylor. The obvious decision is to let Taylor walk, or keep the DBs intact until Taylor retires or slows down. You don't let young up and coming talent leave via FA...you just don't.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think it is simple. They see Cortez Allen and Ike Taylor as being a better combination. Plus they are trying to get control of the cap so when guys like Pouncey need signed the money isn't all tied up on the defensive side of the football.
    For how long, one or two more seasons?
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    For how long, one or two more seasons?
    With the cap situation, one or two more seasons are all you can worry about....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If that were the case, then you would see DBs excel in this D. Historically speaking that isn't the case. While I agree Allen has more upside than Lewis. At this point, Lewis has more upside than Taylor. The obvious decision is to let Taylor walk, or keep the DBs intact until Taylor retires or slows down. You don't let young up and coming talent leave via FA...you just don't.
    but like a lot of posters are saying, there must be somethings we don't know about LEWIS. I kind of agree with that notion.

It's not like the Steelers to let their "homegrown" guys get away
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    With the cap situation, one or two more seasons are all you can worry about....
    If you are seriously kicking the tires on guys like Bradshaw and Jackson then you have room to sign your own young talent.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    but like a lot of posters are saying, there must be somethings we don't know about LEWIS. I kind of agree with that notion.

It's not like the Steelers to let their "homegrown" guys get away
    The something "we don't know" is that Lewis was going to cost a pretty penny to keep.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If you are seriously kicking the tires on guys like Bradshaw and Jackson then you have room to sign your own young talent.
    Not really...

That's why you have to kick the tires on guys like Jackson and Bradshaw...