Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison and Ravens talking

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison and Ravens talking

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/enemy-lines-lb-harrison-ravens-191013914--nfl.html[/url]

That would kind of suck if he ended up there. But with losing 3 LBs already, they could sure use him.

Legend

User Info Menu

All this talk about Harrison's "pride" getting in the way of his coming back to the B&G, even if the $$ are the same:

The Ratbirds fired him (at least once), and from reading the article he might not even be their feature back.

Can't see that he would have to swallow more "pride" coming back here than playing there, all else being equal.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I can't see how the Ravens could afford to pay Harrison what he wants when they couldn't sign their own Dannell Ellerbe, when he went to the Dolphins. Ellerbe was a vital component of that defense so I don't think Harrison goes there.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Well, it's safe to go back to Baltimore now that the NFL Europa is defunct...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I can't see how the Ravens could afford to pay Harrison what he wants when they couldn't sign their own Dannell Ellerbe, when he went to the Dolphins. Ellerbe was a vital component of that defense so I don't think Harrison goes there.
    Maybe the Ravens recognize Harrison's value, and are willing to pay him accordingly.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe the Ravens recognize Harrison's value, and are willing to pay him accordingly.
    Maybe the Steelers recognized Harrison's value and were willing to pay him accordingly...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Maybe the Steelers recognized Harrison's value and were willing to pay him accordingly...
    This I agree with. THey see a fading star with injury risks. They know more about these players than anyone. Harrison could've stayed but he chose not to by not accepting a new contract value.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You could be right, but his value won't be $6.75 mill, Ozzie is too smart to pay that kind of money that James wants. Why would JH take less from another team if he could of got a similar deal hear and remain a Steeler?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They know more about these players than anyone.
    Oh really? This seems pretty inconsistent with your diatribes about how the Steelers needlessly hold back young players. Could it be that they actually know more about the young players on their bench, too?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Harrison goes to Baltimore, he'll probably be DMVP based on his stats in 2 games vs Pittsburgh. Even if he was 65 and in a walker, he gets to matchup against Gilby. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Plus we all know defenders are allowed to take cheap shots on Ben. So Ben is likely to get hurt in this matchup. Although Goddell and the refs may be confused what to do when Harrison knocks out Ben with a helmet to helmet hit. Maybe they'll suspend Ben for getting knocked out?