Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Steelers, Packers interested in Ahmad Bradshaw

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As long as the deal is reasonable - maybe add plenty of incentives to account for the injury risk - this could be a nice pickup.

An added benefit - Bradshaw was released, so for comp pick purposes, he does not factor into the equation, preserving the 3 comp picks the Steelers are likely to receive in the 2014 draft.
    Too bad Lattimore doesn't come out in a year when we can use one of these extra picks on him. As for this year, I just see too many needs to fill. Some team like the 49ers may try for him this year, similar to what they did with Gore.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

An added benefit - Bradshaw was released, so for comp pick purposes, he does not factor into the equation, preserving the 3 comp picks the Steelers are likely to receive in the 2014 draft.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I think there is a strong possibility we sign Ahmad, maybe a one year contract. If we do sign him I would think either Barron Batch or Redman might become expendable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Look man, you jumped down my throat over a non issue. I said we didn't need a 'change of pace back', just as i don't think we need a goal line back, a specific 3rd down back, or a specific gimmick back. And for the record saying 'piss off' was meant as a basic 'get out of town' type statement....not sure how that correlates to 'internet tough guy'....sounds like you are the one itching to start an argument or get into it with someone....'you watch football, you need to learn football'....its ridiculous.
    I took your piss off as a f-off. So if it was meant as a "get out of town" we can move on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I took your piss off as a f-off. So if it was meant as a "get out of town" we can move on.
    I got no problem with you man. Just don't be so quick with the 'do you watch the games' insinuating people are morons because you don't interpret a post the way it was intended. I simply meant we don't need a 'change of pace back' just to have one. I see no reason that a true feature back can't do 'it all' which would negate the need for a 'change of pace'.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahmad Bradshaw takes physical, leaves without contract

By Neal Coolong on Mar 28 2013

Bradshaw apparently came in to Pittsburgh, but according to a report Thursday evening, Bradshaw left without having signed a contract.

The Steelers hosted free agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw today, and they gave him a physical.

Somewhere between multiple bends of his oft-surgery-repaired feet and turning his head and coughing, he failed to get a contract offer.

Does that mean he failed his physical? Or at least, the Steelers saw something in the examination they didn't like, such has multiple scars and appendages that haven't fully healed? Injuries have piled up on Bradshaw, which seems to indicate the main deterrent behind why teams wouldn't want to bring in the 1,000 yard rusher.

Perhaps it's nothing more than cat-and-mouse that always exists this time of the year. Clearly, if Bradshaw had multiple suitors, he wouldn't have visited the Steelers this late into free agency; he would have signed somewhere by now. It could be nothing more than the next move in the mutual waiting game both teams are playing.

Or, perhaps, like other members of the free agent class of 2013, Bradshaw didn't like the weather so much, and wished he could play somewhere warm.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/28/4159032/ahmad-bradshaw-steelers-visit-free-agency-nfl[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet:

Ahmad Bradshaw left #Steelers with no deal. This was a visit to check him out physically. They remain very interested & will keep in touch.

[URL]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317426811686506496[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Like the kid who already spent his allowance, the Steelers have a lot of wants, but not a lot of dough. Guess Bradshaw is looking for more than vet minimum and a few cases of Iron City beer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I got no problem with you man. Just don't be so quick with the 'do you watch the games' insinuating people are morons because you don't interpret a post the way it was intended. I simply meant we don't need a 'change of pace back' just to have one. I see no reason that a true feature back can't do 'it all' which would negate the need for a 'change of pace'.
    You might have been too quick on that. I wasn't insinuating you were a moron. You made a statement that Rainey barely saw the field and talked about Logan as the change of pace guy. Both false. Logan wasn't involved in the offense and Rainey had significant touches on offense & ST. Your comments made it seem like you didn't watch the games. So don't pass judgement on me when you interpreted a post the way it wasn't intended. We both made a mistake.

Again, the "change of pace" back doesn't declassify a guy of not being capable of a feature back or carry the load. If the feature back has flavor the change of pace guy is the other direction. Bradshaw was part of that in NY with Jacobs. There have been successful examples of that all over the league. A feature back can do it all but may not be the best option. Mendy was that peg but there was better options in short yardage & goaline. Finding feature backs is the hard part. If there was a can't miss "do it all" one in this draft he would be a Top 15 pick. There isn't. The Steelers won't find one in FA either. So if they sign Bradshaw, he will get 250+ touches as the feature and the others will fit into their role. We can agree to disagree on this.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-29-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Like the kid who already spent his allowance, the Steelers have a lot of wants, but not a lot of dough. Guess Bradshaw is looking for more than vet minimum and a few cases of Iron City beer.
    His agent knows the steelers have very little cap room and he still let him visit and go through a physical. Why do that if you aren't going to sign with the team anyway? Obviously teams have issues with his health and he isn't getting any other offers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting Steelers again in a few weeks to check on rehab progress from foot injury. Pittsburgh still interested

I think the Steelers really want him but need to see him in a workout before they make their decision. Bradshaw wants to be a starter, signing here probably appeals to him knowing he has a legit shot to start.
    Btw, anyone hear about Redman? I don't think he signed the tender offer yet.