Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers, Packers interested in Ahmad Bradshaw

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bradshaw has made his recovery status know. If the Steelers are not bringing him in, that tells me he may not be able to work out and won't be ready until at least camp or it has to do with $$$. So "Interest" could have been legit but the information they got from Bradshaw's camp related to health or $$$ would be the reason the Steelers wouldn't bring him in. If it is money, let him cook awhile in FA. His number will come down as the draft nears. If it is when he can participate, the Steelers will wait until after the draft if at all.

As far as Blount, The Steelers showed some interest pre draft in him if you remember. The Steelers would have to get permission to talk to Blount before they make a decision. I feel he is disgruntled and wants out because they have turned the reigns over to Martin. They would have to make sure the dedication is there. If they are sure about that, I would be willing to part with a 6th or 7th for him. I don't care to hear "Nothing different" than what we got here. He is different...He wasn't here last year and a 1,000 yard rusher! Dwyer & Redman had their chance to make the best of their opportunity. Maybe another year makes a difference for Dwyer. A bonus if it does. Blount may not be the example "professional" that Bradshaw could be...But he will be a body to push the rest. Still draft a RB and let the cards fall where they fall. Batch & Redman may be on the outside looking in when all said and done. It would not hurt my feelings one bit to have Dwyer & two new faces here come 53 time.

Legend

User Info Menu

26 Mar 13

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora:

Steelers expect to host RB Ahmad Bradshaw for a visit this week, Will explore his health/medicals

[URL]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/316719823025487872[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahmad Bradshaw will visit the Steelers on Wednesday

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2013

Another Bradshaw could be coming to Pittsburgh.

Thirty years after Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw retired, free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw will be visiting the Steelers on Wednesday, per a league source with knowledge of the situation.

It’ll be the first visit for the former Giants tailback, who was cut before the start of free agency. He had delayed taking visits while rehabbing after foot surgery.

A seventh-round pick from Marshall in 2007, had 1,015 rushing yards in 14 games last season. His career high of 1,235 came in 2010.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/ahmad-bradshaw-will-visit-the-steelers-on-wednesday/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as it is a reasonable deal, I think this would be a nice pickup. I would still draft a back, but when healthy, Bradshaw is better than Redman/Dwyer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm all for this signing. You sign Bradshaw, and then draft a RB in the mid rounds, and suddenly a weakness could be a strength. They need Dwyer to show up in good shape though. If he does that, Bradshaw, Dwyer, and say a Leveon Bell could work quite nicely as our RB stable.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

If AB's foot problems are deemed good, and If the Steeeeelers don't sign him, then our FO has lost their minds!!

I'm sick of this $h!t of brining in a player, get our hopes up, and then he walks without a contract.

On top of that, they tell Deebo to keep looking for another team when they announced they would not
    resign him. Deebo and his agent really $h!t the bed on this one...deebo could be playing for $4m with
    incentives. Now he'd be lucky to play for vet minimum.

Can the Steelers just DO SOMETHING...ANYTHING!!!???

While other teams are loading up, we stand around with our collective fingers up our a$$!!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I'm all for this signing. You sign Bradshaw, and then draft a RB in the mid rounds, and suddenly a weakness could be a strength. They need Dwyer to show up in good shape though. If he does that, Bradshaw, Dwyer, and say a Leveon Bell could work quite nicely as our RB stable.
    Exactly right! Signing a proven vet will not impact drafting one. Redman will be 29 and Dwyer could assume his role down the line. Draft another back and they both can learn from Bradshaw and support. You carry Bradshaw, Redman, Dwyer, & Rookie through 2013 and let Redman walk in '14 if Dwyer shows dedication.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Exactly right! Signing a proven vet will not impact drafting one. Redman will be 29 and Dwyer could assume his role down the line. Draft another back and they both can learn from Bradshaw and support. You carry Bradshaw, Redman, Dwyer, & Rookie through 2013 and let Redman walk in '14 if Dwyer shows dedication.
    Barron Batch showed me nothing that makes me think he is an NFL RB.....he's basically Gary Russell if that. I think signing Bradshaw and drafting a mid round RB could either light a fire under Dwyers butt or make him pout and show up out of shape. Steelers need to do a good job of selling opportunity to UDFA's at the RB, S, and TE positions after the draft. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to land some of the top undrafted talent at those positions due to our situation at those spots.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

STEELERS: Giants free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw is scheduled to visit the Steelers on Wednesday, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Bradshaw, 27, has been waiting to take a physical with teams because he had surgery to replace a screw in his right foot in late January. He told ESPN Radio that the Packers and Jets are also interested in him. The Steelers can't offer much because they're $2.5 million under the salary cap, but running backs are generally among the cheapest positions in free agency.

Since Allen signed with the Cowboys does that free up more money to sign a player like Bradshaw?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Since Allen signed with the Cowboys does that free up more money to sign a player like Bradshaw?
    No. Free agents like Allen do not count against the cap.