Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers, Packers interested in Ahmad Bradshaw

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What's up with the interest in plastic RBs???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'd just as soon we stayed away from the "oft-injured." We have enough of those already.
    Where's the fun in that? It adds to the excitement on gameday if you are never sure the player might get up after a run..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers have Interest in Former-Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw

by Steelblitz

According to Adam Schefter the Pittsburgh Steelers have expressed interest in former-New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw. Bradshaw was released by the Giants in early February to save cap space for the team. During his six seasons in the NFL Bradshaw has been plagued by foot injuries, but he has also been productive when healthy.

Bradshaw’s yards per carry for his career is 4.6 and he has surpassed 1,000 yards rushing twice in his career. Even so, Bradshaw has only played 16 games once during his NFL career. During his career with the Giants Bradshaw has won two Super Bowls and been a factor in the run game, passing game, and return game. At 5’8″ and 195 pounds Bradshaw is a smaller back.

As Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, would say he is quicker than fast, but has the speed to break the long run. Every year of his career he has had a run of at least 37 yards. Bradshaw is a skilled pass catcher out of the backfield and would add another option in the passing game for the Steelers.

The Steelers are strapped with what they can do and who they can afford due to their salary cap issues. Therefore, it is unlikely they will be willing to give Bradshaw more than a one year deal at the veteran’s minimum. Bradshaw may be able to get a better deal than that on the open market, but due to his medical history and the fact that he has been on the market for over a month it is unlikely.

Currently the Steelers only running backs are Jonathan Dwyer, Isaac Redman and Baron Batch. Redman is still a restricted free agent and could still leave if he gets a deal on the open market, but that is unlikely to happen at this point. Of the backs on the roster Dwyer has the best chance of being the starter in 2013. Bradshaw would add some speed and experience to the Steelers running back group and could provide a solid one-two punch alongside Dwyer.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert has stated multiple times this off-season that the team needs to add depth to the running back position. They already looked at Beanie Wells in free agency, but he has left without a deal and their are rumors about his knee being a huge red flag. Bradshaw also has injury issues, but if he passes a physical the Steelers may go as far as offering him a contract.

Pittsburgh will also likely be looking to add a running back at some point during the 2013 NFL Draft. However, if they can add a player like Bradshaw in free agency it would allow them to wait until the later rounds to draft that player. Due to the Steelers many needs it would be beneficial for the team to have their early draft picks free to use on other positions such as outside linebacker, inside linebacker, and wide receiver; each of which the Steelers need to add depth.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/pittsburgh_steelers_have_interest_in_former_giants _rb_ahmad_bradshaw/13166515[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just my opinion, but I feel we would better served to get our back in the draft, start fresh and save some money in the process. Whats holding us up in signing any FA's is the money, we simply don't have it to sign any good FA's.
    Victor Butler was here and left without a contract, so I don't even know why the Steelers are in the hunt for FA'S they can't sign anyway.
    The only way I see them with some more cash to spend is if Sanders signs with NE, but what we save with him will it be enough?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    What's up with the interest in plastic RBs???
    Seems like you could be describing 80% of the RB's in the NFL. Some of the top projected backs in the draft as well.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said it before & I will say it again. The Steelers need to bring a RB in with some type of NFL resume. That does not impact the draft, you still draft one. You just can't put all your hope in a rookie at any position. The stable of Mendy, Dwyer, Redman, & Batch was far below the line. The same remains minus Mendy. Nobody took advantage of their opportunity. You bring in a guy with NFL success. Wells has a "chronic" problem or an injury that will need surgery apparently. Bradshaw is the best option. If fully recovered from his foot surgery, he will be a great addition if they can get him here at a a good price. Now on paper, you have a starter. You still draft a RB. You pull the weeds by the end of camp. Batch will be gone & Redman being 29 during the season means he better look over his shoulder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I said it before & I will say it again. The Steelers need to bring a RB in with some type of NFL resume. That does not impact the draft, you still draft one. You just can't put all your hope in a rookie at any position. The stable of Mendy, Dwyer, Redman, & Batch was far below the line. The same remains minus Mendy. Nobody took advantage of their opportunity. You bring in a guy with NFL success. Wells has a "chronic" problem or an injury that will need surgery apparently. Bradshaw is the best option. If fully recovered from his foot surgery, he will be a great addition if they can get him here at a a good price. Now on paper, you have a starter. You still draft a RB. You pull the weeds by the end of camp. Batch will be gone & Redman being 29 during the season means he better look over his shoulder.
    Well said. With what we saw last year from Dwyer and Redman, it would be a mistake to enter the season counting on those two to carry the running game. Bradshaw, from a talent standpoint, is a very nice player, and I think would fit well, both as a runner and a checkdown option. I certainly like what he brings much more than Beanie Wells. The injuries are a concern, but may also serve to lower his price.

If the Steelers sign Bradshaw, I agree that they still need to add a runner in the draft. A stable of Bradshaw, Dwyer, Redman and a rookie should give the Steelers enough options to put solid running backs on the field each week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    How would an incentive laden contract work with the cap? How are you penalized for going over at years end?
    IIRC there are two types of incentives. Those that are likely to be earned (LTBE), and those that are unlikely to be earned (UTBE). I do not know if there is a standard for each.

The LTBE incentives are included this year, the UTBE are not. At the end of the year, adjustments are made and they affect next year's cap. All LTBE incentives that were not earned are subtracted, thus raising next year's cap while UTBE that were reached will lower next year's cap.

I believe the Steelers received about $500K in cap relief this year because of that difference.

Hope that helps, and more importantly, I hope I'm actually right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We can also play "connect the dots" with Jack Bicknell being with Bradshaw on the Giants from '09-'11 as the Assistant OL coach. I'm sure he will have input. If healthy...Will come down to price and if he wants to continue to be part of a winning organization. Maybe Plax can help. He was Bradshaw's team mate for 2 years. Just watch some highlights of Badshaw from 2012. He was playing on that injured foot in some of these. Does this resemble anything we saw out of the Steelers running game last year? One of the reasons I stress "NFL resume" is this. Dwyer is very young and even with Bradshaw signing, there will be a draft choice here. The curent stable had Mendy as the example of being a Pro. That is all I need to say about how important it would be to have a presence of a RB with some type of resume.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snLjlYASBUM[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Still think Kevin Smith might be worth a look..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE