Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats release Lloyd....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pats release Lloyd....

....does that mean they will sign Sanders?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They could have brought sanders in to just show Llyod that he won't get what he wants. Could just be using sanders to lower Lloyd's salary when they bring him back. If they do sign sanders I would be fine with an additional third rounder. Everyone can be replaced.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If i am Steelers GM i won't match Cheatroits offersheet. I will take Rd 3 pick for Sanders...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    If i am Steelers GM i won't match Cheatroits offersheet. I will take Rd 3 pick for Sanders...
    yup...............

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    In a heartbeat....since we're in a mini-rebuilding mode.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Patriots have so few draft picks, it would seem unlikely they give up their 3rd as well. I think this was a leverage move by the Patsys. I may be in the minority, but I like Sanders and hope he stays. Filling one WR spot will be tough enough. I hope his injuries are behind him.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Patriots have so few draft picks, it would seem unlikely they give up their 3rd as well. I think this was a leverage move by the Patsys. I may be in the minority, but I like Sanders and hope he stays. Filling one WR spot will be tough enough. I hope his injuries are behind him.
    I'm with you here. Sanders has some skills and he already has a year in this Offense. Whether he ends up the #2 or #4 guy is irrelevant to me, I'd just like for him to stay.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Boy! The Patophiles are really playing chicken with this particular draft.

It appears that Sanders left NE without signing the sheet (the last time I checked). But so what if he did? The 3rd round is where championship teams are built. I dislike that the Steelers would be apparently thin at WR if he left. But this draft has lots of talent beyond the 4th round at that position, so it is likely the Steelers could pick up a WR (or, maybe, even two) on the third day and that might be sufficient for our need. We'll see.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe but if they dont resign lloyd they may very well have to draft a wr this year anyway. sanders would be their 3rd draft pick. already proven with nfl experience. i think(and hope) they do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Pats are like a thief in the night, there's no telling what they are capable of, but I agree I hope Sanders stays and no your not in the minority.