Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Colbert

Is Kevin Colbert the guy we want in charge of rebuilding this team into a championship caliber club? It has become clear to me that Cowher was the man making the draft decisions that built our Superbowl teams. When Tomlin took over there was one weakness on the team and that was the OL. Now there are more holes than answers.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

IDK, it is starting to appear obvious that whoever is calling the draft shots, is doing a horrible job. I have illustrated how horrid the last 5 years have been a few times already. And being that this team does very little through free agency, if your drafts stink we will end up in a world of hurt. We are quickly becoming the 1999-2012 Browns. And these free agent signings? Dear Holy mother of God. They are adding KNOWN bums. The Yinzers can claim the sky isn't falling, and everything will be fine, but so far, I don't see it. Matt Speath? Johnson? WTF are these guys thinking? 6-10 here we come.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher had a say but you're giving him to much credit. If Cowher would have had his way, the Steelers would have passed on Ben. Thank God Rooney stepped in or we would still be stuck on 4 titles, IMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

We are going in the wrong direction.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You guys act like Johnson and Spaeth were brought in to be our starters.

I get it, if you guys were GMs all of your backups would be All Pros.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You guys are a bunch of sheep. If the drafting is so "terrible" why are you so upset that they are all getting signed away by other teams?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    You guys are a bunch of sheep. If the drafting is so "terrible" why are you so upset that they are all getting signed away by other teams?
    I think many people complaining on this board do not understand this. Everyone has it backwards. Our players are wanted by other teams (whether its financially fueled or not), that only lends more credibility that the front office and implies they are not asleep at the wheel. I'll continue to believe we are improving only until I see results that say otherwise. And don't give me any 8-8 horsecrap, I think with all the backups playing last year, that is a tremendous feat. As another poster said, if any of you were running the team I'm sure every backup would be all-pro.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Ha, good point never thought of it like that...
    -Zachintosh66- (SCM 1135)
    1. Tavon Austin, WR/RB, WV (trade back)
    2. Matt Elam, S, Flor
    3. Jesse Williams, DT, 'bama
    3. Robert Woods, WR USC (*from NE)
    4. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Mich St (*from trade)
    4. Jaime Collins, OLB, So MIss
    5. Robert Lester, S, 'Bama (*from trade)
    5. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    6. Landry Jones, QB, 'Bama
    7. AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa St.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zachintosh66 View Post
    Ha, good point never thought of it like that...
    You shouldn't. The only one of those signed away that hurts is Lewis. People are complaining about the drafting because we have no capable safeties behind Troy & Clark. We have no young ILB groomed so had to sign an old Foote rather than pay first contract money to a young guy. WE have no decent TE options so brought back Spaeth. Have no RB close to a feature back because Our first round pick RB had an injury riddled career and was a douche o they didn't extend him. Then of course dropped first round picks on 3-4 DE's whose primary job is occupy blockers. ETC, ETC....
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-16-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    You guys act like Johnson and Spaeth were brought in to be our starters.

I get it, if you guys were GMs all of your backups would be All Pros.
    Who is our starting TE? Who is our starting RB? Who plays SS when Troy goes down again? What capable OLB now backs up oft injured Worilds & Woodley? What capable ILB now backs up Timmons & Foote?

I love the go to comment that is always thrown out the to discredit someone saying Cowher wasn't the man making the draft calls...He would not of taken Ben. That is one call out of how many? We are dropping multiple first round picks on 3-4 DE's!!!!
    @_Hellgrammite