Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's alright people- nothing to fear...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

It's alright people- nothing to fear...

Despite what looks like an unbalance gains vs losses ledger, the Steelers will be ok.

Actually, they'll be better than ok.

They will, in fact, be better than 2012.

Forget that Harrison is gone.

Never mind that Sanders could be a Patriot.

It's not a problem that Willie Colon has left.

Or Keenan Lewis.

Or Ryan Mundy.

You see... the thing is, we'll be better because we'll have 'chemistry'.

Remember, people, that the big evil baddies, Mike Wallace & Rashad Mendenhall are GONE. It's happy days, rainbows & unicorns in the land of Pittsburgh.

the 'bad seeds' have been removed, and there are posters on here that guarenteed, GUARENTEED, that the Steelers will be better next season without them.

Personally, Chadman is looking forward to 2013 with unbridaled enthusiasm now that we 'got rid' of those heathens.

Wait... hang on... those same posters are now the ones complaining that the Steelers are not doing well in Free Agency... like the Steelers were expected to remove the evil doers & replace them with high priced FA's... maybe that guarentee isn't worth all that much after all.

In hindsight, it'd sure be nice knowing Wallace & Mendenhall were on the roster in 2013...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Despite what looks like an unbalance gains vs losses ledger, the Steelers will be ok.

Actually, they'll be better than ok.

They will, in fact, be better than 2012.

Forget that Harrison is gone.

Never mind that Sanders could be a Patriot.

It's not a problem that Willie Colon has left.

Or Keenan Lewis.

Or Ryan Mundy.

You see... the thing is, we'll be better because we'll have 'chemistry'.

Remember, people, that the big evil baddies, Mike Wallace & Rashad Mendenhall are GONE. It's happy days, rainbows & unicorns in the land of Pittsburgh.

the 'bad seeds' have been removed, and there are posters on here that guarenteed, GUARENTEED, that the Steelers will be better next season without them.

Personally, Chadman is looking forward to 2013 with unbridaled enthusiasm now that we 'got rid' of those heathens.

Wait... hang on... those same posters are now the ones complaining that the Steelers are not doing well in Free Agency... like the Steelers were expected to remove the evil doers & replace them with high priced FA's... maybe that guarentee isn't worth all that much after all.

In hindsight, it'd sure be nice knowing Wallace & Mendenhall were on the roster in 2013...
    I am GLAD that they are gone. Their talent did not over ride the problems that they caused. Good riddance. And team work/chemistry IS more important.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    I am GLAD that they are gone. Their talent did not over ride the problems that they caused. Good riddance. And team work/chemistry IS more important.
    Yes!

I saw a post the other day that made me feel good. Someone pointed out that TS [the steelers] as of then had only 34 players. 19 positions open. Most will be filled by rookie drafted players. The rest should be younger type up and coming players. He pointed out very possibly TS will be the youngest overall average team in the NFL.

Only one thing bothers me. I just can't understand why TS do not have many more draft picks. It seems other teams are unloading unwanted garbage and getting a bonanza of draft picks in return and TS zippo. This is not computing. Maybe TS are being boycotted.

I mean Minnesota unloaded Harvin for a bonanza. He had 1 yr left. Wallace had one year left too TS got zippo. I don't want to hear anything about that RFA crap. Those things are easily circumvented. From what I hear it is done all the time. Dammit. Even any measly 3rd pick would have been better than zippo or even any comp pick if one is ever even awarded. Mendy same thing Zippo.

Nonetheless what has to be done is obvious. Do it!

But it really would have been nice to have some more draft picks. Anyone got any ideas how TS could still add some?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    It's nice to see some people actually get it. Others? Not so much. I am also glad FUMBLEhall and Wall@SS are both gone. But (and here where the more simple don't get it) the fact that they are gone and the fact that Pgh looks worse than ever are not mutually exclusive events. You see, it CAN be possible that losing the jerks with bad attitudes is a good thing, but the OTHER loss of talent AND the fumbling of the junk additions still make the team worse off EVEN THOUGH losing the jack @sses was STILL a good thing. I know some struggle with any concepts that are more complex than a wet turd, but that doesn't make them untrue.

Loss of malcontents = good for locker room chemistry.

Loss of other talent + moronic signing of rubbish = make the team worse.

I know to the slower of wit, they can't grasp that both these statements can be true at the same time. They are simply not mutually exclusive.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Having Wallace and Mendenhall wouldn't make me feel better at all about this upcoming season...

Having both of those guys didn't keep Ben healthy over the last two years...having both those guys didn't help us win a SB...

If Ben can stay healthy, the Steelers can be contenders...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Having Wallace and Mendenhall wouldn't make me feel better at all about this upcoming season...

Having both of those guys didn't keep Ben healthy over the last two years...having both those guys didn't help us win a SB...

Shhhhhhhhhh. Don't deal in logic or reality. Some have trouble grasping those things.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

what he said...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    what he said...
    Not unless they also change the way they play offense, and what the #1 priority on offense is.

If we try to score? We'll win.

If we try to worry about TOP and keeping our alleged #1 defense rested? We won't win 8 games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Not unless they also change the way they play offense, and what the #1 priority on offense is.

If we try to score? We'll win.

If we try to worry about TOP and keeping our alleged #1 defense rested? We won't win 8 games.
    OR if we worry more about keeping hold of the ball and not turning it over. That's why we were 8-8 last year. period. We turned the ball over way too much.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    OR if we worry more about keeping hold of the ball and not turning it over. That's why we were 8-8 last year. period. We turned the ball over way too much.
    QFT...especially at critical points in the game...